Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Correct me if I'm making this game harder than necessary (I have yet to win after 4 games). I am under the impression that after rolling the yellow and/or red die and failing to complete a task, you then remove those extra die as well as the usual green die from your pool. The wording in the rules leads me to see two possible intentions.

pg. 9 of the official rules states

"Each die added by either a Common or Unique Item remains in the pool until it is set aside after failing to complete a task or it is used to complete a task. In any event, the die is removed from the dice pool at the end of the active player's turn."

This can be taken to mean that after failing a task, you may decide to remove the yellow/red die in place of a green one, or if it is the only one left that can be removed (an irrelevant point since it is removed at the end of the turn regardless. Also, it could mean that after failing a task, you would remove these dice PLUS your usual green one as I have been doing. Anyone have any clear answer to this question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
The game uses the term "set aside" to describe what you must do with a die prior to attempting the task again. I believe you can set aside any of the dice you rolled, you do not HAVE to set aside the red or yellow die (at least until you run out of other dice to set aside).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules mention that a red or yellow die stays in the pool until it is used or set aside after failing a task. Would seem to imply that you set the extra (yellow/red) die aside OR a green die, your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get to use the yellow or red die for your entire turn, until you either fail or resolve the adventure. They work as normal dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.