BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Have to choose between 2 game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

If you would have to choose between them? I never played them so i need some help

Poll
Glory to Rome or Battle Line?
Glory to Rome
Battle Line
      18 answers
Poll created by generalpotato

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played either one, but have read enough to know that I would probably prefer Glory to Rome because:

- Thanks to poker scoring, Battle Line looks like an abstract, and I strongly prefer at least a thin theme
- BL is only 2p, whereas GtR can handle more
- BL is all about battling each other, where at least a good part of GtR is building up your own stuff, independent of the other player
- I like San Juan, which is supposedly similar to GtR (however, I don't like Race for the Galaxy which is also in the same family)

I see you rated Poker a 10, so clearly our tastes are different. You already have and like Race, so I'm thinking BL might be a better buy for you at this point, assuming you have opportunities to play 2p games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glory to Rome hands down. It has a lot of meaty choices. Battleline is a good entry game but if you want a keeper, you can't go wrong with GtR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.