Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thaddeus Griebel
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that the art isn't finalized, getting public support to fund this game would be a good way to ensure the same level of artwork from these prototype cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Marstiller
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconde.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also back it on Kickstarter, but there's probably a lot more to it than "here's some money, now give me a professional product with hundreds of newly commissioned pieces of artwork".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
I would also back it on Kickstarter, but there's probably a lot more to it than "here's some money, now give me a professional product with hundreds of newly commissioned pieces of artwork".

This really.
I’ve been overwhelmed by the response so far to Fantasy Quest (93 Fans already??) and everybody’s support and enthusiasm has been fantastic. But having never produced a professionally published game before I’m not sure how to take it from being just a labour of love to that next stage – pitching it to a publisher. And though the early reports and feedback are sounding great I’m still waiting for those all important reviews to start rolling in.

All advice, comments and feedback are greatly welcomed by the way – so thanks very much for this thread guys. I guess if we get 500 thumbs and I'm eligible to apply (being UK based) then Kickstarter is a no-brainer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain FREOUR
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:

This really.
I’ve been overwhelmed by the response so far to Fantasy Quest (93 Fans already??) and everybody’s support and enthusiasm has been fantastic. But having never produced a professionally published game before I’m not sure how to take it from being just a labour of love to that next stage – pitching it to a publisher. And though the early reports and feedback are sounding great I’m still waiting for those all important reviews to start rolling in.

All advice, comments and feedback are greatly welcomed by the way – so thanks very much for this thread guys. I guess if we get 500 thumbs and I'm eligible to apply (being UK based) then Kickstarter is a no-brainer!

I will delay my review a little bit, but I will send you some comments after the publication of the session report.
I do think that some elements of the game need a minor revision, but the game is good. You should nevertheless wait before sending a copy to a potential editor.

Best regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
freourslc wrote:
I will delay my review a little bit, but I will send you some comments after the publication of the session report.
I do think that some elements of the game need a minor revision, but the game is good. You should nevertheless wait before sending a copy to a potential editor.

Best regards

Absolutely agree. And I can't wait for your feedback.

Also, it looks like I'm not eligible for Kickstarter:

kickstarter wrote:

I'm not in the US. Can I start a project on Kickstarter?
You don't have to physically be in the US, but there are some US requirements to be eligible. Please read: "Am I eligible to start a Kickstarter project?"

Am I eligible to start a Kickstarter project?
To be eligible to start a Kickstarter project, you need to satisfy the requirements of Amazon Payments:
Be a permanent US resident and at least 18 years of age with a Social Security Number (or EIN), a US bank account, US address, US state-issued ID (driver’s license), and major US credit or debit card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
freourslc wrote:

Also, it looks like I'm not eligible for Kickstarter:

[q="kickstarter"]
I'm not in the US. Can I start a project on Kickstarter?
You don't have to physically be in the US, but there are some US requirements to be eligible. Please read: "Am I eligible to start a Kickstarter project?"

Am I eligible to start a Kickstarter project?
To be eligible to start a Kickstarter project, you need to satisfy the requirements of Amazon Payments:
Be a permanent US resident and at least 18 years of age with a Social Security Number (or EIN), a US bank account, US address, US state-issued ID (driver’s license), and major US credit or debit card.

ND, there was another thread (yesterday??) about alternates to KS for those in the UK. I think it was under general on the front page - will see if can find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:
ND, there was another thread (yesterday??) about alternates to KS for those in the UK. I think it was under general on the front page - will see if can find it.

Thanks again for your Elf Eyes, Boom. Was it this one...

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7213371

?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Boom04 wrote:

Thanks again for your Elf Eyes, Boom. Was it this one...

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7213371

?

Yes.... and no

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/698158/kickstarter-uk-projec...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great link, cheers Boom!

Plenty of food for thought here and stuff to read whilst we're waiting for the first FQ Reviews to arrive...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.