Subject: Availability of adventure packs - info please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josip Grgic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit, I'm a little confused. All of the adventure packs came out of print this year and I can't find to buy most of them. Ok, I'm not in the US, but still... Conflict at the Carrock and A Journey to Rhosgobel are no problem, but the rest is almost impossible to find (The Hills of Emyn Muil, The Dead Marshes, Return to Mirkwood). I found The Hunt for Gollum on ebay for 35$?! Other one already has 26 bids...

Can anyone explain to me what the hell is going on here? The last time I had this much trouble finding expansions was for Runebound but that was because the ones I was looking for were 5 years old and out of print indefinitely. ...and LOTR is new this-year's game.

If you good people out there have any information on this matter, please share with me. Why are those expansions so hard to find and are they going to be more available and less expensive in the future? Or this is it, who bought his copy he's lucky and who didn't he can screw himself...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out now, we have Hunt for Gollum and The Carrock... the others are still to be released (well, Rosgobel is available too, in some places).
So, for the others, you can search all you want, but until FFG sends them to the stores (one per month), you won't find them.

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
grgagrg wrote:
I must admit, I'm a little confused. All of the adventure packs came out of print this year and I can't find to buy most of them. Ok, I'm not in the US, but still... Conflict at the Carrock and A Journey to Rhosgobel are no problem, but the rest is almost impossible to find (The Hills of Emyn Muil, The Dead Marshes, Return to Mirkwood). I found The Hunt for Gollum on ebay for 35$?! Other one already has 26 bids...

The Hunt for Gollum is currently out of print, but is being reprinted within the next month.

The Hills of Emyn Muil, The Dead Marshes, and Return to Mirkwood have yet to be released. They're just simply not out yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josip Grgic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not out yet? At all? Ok, thanks for the info, when I saw information and description here on BBG and on FFG site I automatically assumed they're all out by now. But more patience is all that I need I guess. Thank you guys for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Hunt for Gollum definitely being reprinted then? I could only find info that Conflict at the Carrock was getting reprinted. I guess I'll wait for a bit before spending loads on getting it...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DuBois
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The entire premise of LCGs is that they will always be reprinted. It's a promise to the consumer that there will be no collectible market, i.e., no player will ever have to drop $1000 for a set of Black Lotus to optimize their deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
ddubois wrote:
i.e., no player will ever have to drop $1000 for a set of Black Lotus to optimize their deck.

$1000 for a set of Black Lotuses? That's quite a bargain. Sign me up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.