Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Eric,

Will Gone Cardboard return with a list of estimated release dates for all announced titles?

I loved this feature when the site was independent.

Just wondering.

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. Gone Cardboard was a link within the old Boardgamenews website that contained this long and comprehensive list of all release dates for all new games categorized by company.

So if you were interested in a new game and you were interested to know when it was coming out, this was the one stop spot for finding that information. Crazy useful.

Now that Boardgamenews has been merged into BGG as Boardgamegeek News there were early indications that the "Gone Cardboard" function would be ported as well.

Just wondering aloud to Eric Martin (Boardgamegeek News editor) whether this was still in the works or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently waiting for this too...

the last thread I read that refereced it, said it was "in the works"...but, that was a few months ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
dkearns wrote:
Just wondering aloud to Eric Martin (Boardgamegeek News editor) whether this was still in the works or not.

Sorry for the delayed reply, Daniel, but I never saw your post and someone's Geekmail on the topic sat in my in-box for a month as I was blitzed with Spiel info. A poke in the future would make me more likely to see something like this!

As Gone Cardboard, I've also been eager to see it return, but I have zero to do with the technical requirements needed to make it happen. What's more, the BGG tech guys have been focusing almost all of their efforts on getting the new UI ready to roll. GC will be integrated with versions (since different versions of the same game might be released at different times), and setting that up along with proper date sorting along with other possible functions could take some time -- and when they'll be able to start is up in the air.

Believe me, I want to get GC back more than anyone as I run across tons of release dates that I want to organize and put out there for interested parties. I'm somewhat obsessive about all the details right, and those details have been slipping by again and again. I'll give a more detailed update and timeline once I know more myself...

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.