Discworld: Ankh-Morpork» Forums » General

Subject: Published by Mayfair Games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
In the version list it says that the English first edition is published by Mayfair Games but my copy says Treefrog Games & Esdevium Games. What gives?

In the back of the rules is says Treefrog Games and Mayfair Games though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayfair will be distributing the game in the "normal" version in the US (I think).

Treefrog makes the limited version of the game. (I think)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that Treefrog is the publisher for all of their games. Mayfair and Esvedium are the distributors in the US and Europe, respectively.

In all cases, the collectors/deluxe editions are exclusive through Treefrog, and the standard editions are the ones being distributed.

At least all of this has been the case for the last year or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Fogarty
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Discworld: Ankh-Morpork is a Treefrog/Mayfair/Kosmos release. Unlike London or A Few Acres of Snow, Discworld: Ankh-Morpork is being published by Mayfair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BillF wrote:
Actually, Discworld: Ankh-Morpork is a Treefrog/Mayfair/Kosmos release. Unlike London or A Few Acres of Snow, Discworld: Ankh-Morpork is being published by Mayfair.

Bill, I did not understand the distinction you were trying to make...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
BillF wrote:

Bill, I did not understand the distinction you were trying to make...

Consider a Few Acres of Snow. All copies are identical, except that the first 1000 have the replacement bits, a number and a signature. That's been true of middle period Treefrog games, including also Age of Industry and London (though they had added, rather than replacement, bits in the limited edition).

Ankh-Morpork on the other hand has a different mass market edition compared to the Treefrog edition. For example I believe the board is a different size. And the box artwork is different. Exactly what else is the same and different I don't know. (And there's the additional complication of the deluxe edition.)

(This is still different to early Treefrog Line games that had yet a different model, that meant Treefrog undertook to not republish, and new editions had different artwork - see for example Tinners' Trail and Automobile.)

What pattern future Treefrog games will follow will no doubt depend on what's right for each particular game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.