BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: New Artwork rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Glover
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hey, I thought I would share a new piece of artwork that I finished last night. It was done in pen and ink on cold press and just might be the cover-art for my upcoming Core Rule-book. I would love to get some feedback on it as to what feeling it portrays and such. It needs a bit of touch up work that I will certainly do. Thanks ahead of time for any and all comments.

http://greygnome.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Posting an offsite link to multiple forums is more akin to spamming than to sincere participation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:
Posting an offsite link to multiple forums is more akin to spamming than to sincere participation.
+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is more a matter of being excited about your work and wanting to get it out there than spamming. That said, posting the same thing to multiple forums is a bit much.

Perhaps make a geeklist or, better yet, a blog to show your progress on the games you have designed. Then, there is one overall place people can see and comment on your work.

Overall, though, welcome aboard and keep at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Sorry,

I was not trying to upset anyone. I simply did not know where the best place was to post this. I was just looking for feedback and nothing more. I only posted it on two forums. This one and the design one. I hardly call that spamming.

And in regards to participating, I have. I posted a 5000 word free PDF download with advanced rules for Lego's Heroica. I know it is not a lot, but I am certainly not here to spam people. I want to contribute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Please don't take umbrage at my comment, Jason. I looked at your profile and saw that you'd posted other stuff, and that does carry weight. That's why I said it was "akin" and not "outright".

Here's my advice; unsolicited it may be, but I do think it'll get you better results!

Posting the same comment to more than one forum is frowned on. It's far better to post it to the correct place. Folks on BGG tend to follow a lot of different areas on the site. We'll notice if the same content appears multiple places, and it's gonna raise eyebrows, like it did here. You can't escape our many eyes! ninja (In this case, you should maybe check out the RPG section of the site, as that seems to be more appropriate...)

I think it would serve better if you just hotlinked the image in the thread you create. More people are apt to see your drawing if you post it inline instead of making them leave the site, and then more people will comment on it. If comments and feedback are your main goals, and not just driving traffic to your site, then this will help.

Adding to this, your posts just link to the root of your site and not the specific item in question. This makes it feel more spammy, and it's going to mean that in a month, when you've posted other things to your site, the item that you wanted to link to won't be at the top anymore, which completely wipes out this post's usefulness.

Then, as far as linking to your site directly, you should flesh out your profile and put the link there. If folks look at your posts and art within the forum, they'll check out your profile and follow the link to find out more about your endeavors. Mmmm... That's some organic flow goin' on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks for the input. I will implement your ideas, and again I am sorry if I upset anyone. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this looks quite interesting. can you tell us more about it without us having to read the whole site? I have only skimmed it but it looks like there are multiple projects in the same Adventures & Adversaries world?

First impressions is that i love the art work. And i *really* love it in black and white. We don't see enough black ink art work and i think that what you are lacking in full technicolor you are gaining bucket loads in atmosphere (pardon the cliché word, but i can't think of anything else right now - i'm sure you know what i mean).

I can't express enough how i think monochrome can work better than color sometimes, and a b/w card game in this Adventures & Adversaries world be fantastic (there would be extra pressure on the mechanics perhaps).

Are you considering print and play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks Scrumpy Jack,

Yes i have a bunch of stuff I am working on at the same time. All are set in Tasnia. I have two recent map renderings of Tasnia on the site. Anyways, I have a card game that functions a bit like DungeonQuest and Sorcerer's Cave. Each player builds their own labyrinth, but are working together to defeat the evil wizard by collecting the 3 magic artifacts ( the chalice of malice, the singing ring, and the eyes of lies). I like to rhyme. Anyways, I have made the cards and play-tested it a bunch of time. Still working out the kinks, but it has been a blast, even playing with the kids ( 5 and 7 years old).

When I have it all fleshed out, the card game will be a free print and play game. I am also working on new rules for Zogar's Gaze which will include the use of a standard deck of cards and will add a layer of depth to the game.

My main project is my RPG system set in Tasnia. I have over 40,000 words typed up and am now editing and compiling. I want to get the final product down to about 25,000 words and about 100 pages or so. This will be a downloadable PDF for a couple of bucks and a print version will be available as well.

In the end, I would love to have the card game (free), board game (free), and RPG finished at about the same time.

Thanks for checking out my work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.