Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife, Anne, and our friends from Philly, Phil and Lisa, and I all decided to play a game of Traumfabrik. This was the first game played by Phil and Lisa. Lisa kicked off the action by bidding 6 for George Cukor and the fun began. Phil made the first movie, that was also the highest quality movie at the end of the first round for 5 points.

In the second round, Anne completed a comedy for 19 which was both the first, and the highest point picture made for the night. She made stomachs turn by casting Rita Moreno as the star of Casablanca - a picture that yielded 3 and was the Worst Film at game's end. I think it was the scene in Rick's Cafe American where Rita was dancing around the Nazis and singing "I feel pretty, oh so pretty!" that solidified the award.

I had a wealth of talent at my studio, but had difficulty placing the right actors in the right roles. Ingrid Bergman as the rigid scientist from Spellbound trying to free the star character from the beast within in King Kong. Cary Grant makes the trip from the far east to meet Boris Karloff in the King and I. Marilyn Monroe as a newspaper girl and aspiring politician, and Kim Novak as the reporter trying to find the secret behind rosebud in Citizen Kane.

Anne won the game. Lisa won best direction and King Kong won best action picture - Ingrid's remarks were brief, but she gave Roberto credit for his direction in the movie. As Phil said, "you may have won, but the movie going public will be saying 'you remember Casablanca? What a bomb!'"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.