Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Latall
United States
Whittier
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card #33 says "The Dashkov unit is replaced with the Yudenich unit at a Battle Value of 4 ...".
How do you know it should be on 4 inside of Battle Value 3?

Card #23 says "Feisel Hussein is placed in Space 6 of the Arab track (Jidda) and activated as the Arab track is automatically activated by either the Arab Revolt card (#32) or the transition to the Duck Deck, whichever comes first."
I don't remember seeing anything in the rules about activation except section 6.1 saying that just putting a Front on a track activates it.

Card #25: Yudenich advances from one strategic point to another so there's no change in National Will. Maude is pushed back to Kut, gaining back a strategic point, +1. We lost the Kaiserschlacht battle, -1. Net 0. The National Will should stay at -2, not move to -3, correct?

Thanks for the help!
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Latall
United States
Whittier
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the answer to Card #33 is: Any of the Caucasus markers, when exchanged, come in on the same side as their predecessor, i.e. either the Prov. Gov. side or not.

I looked at a similar question on here a few times before asking and read it again after posting and the light went off.

Let me know for sure.

Thanks,
Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Holen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't played OS in awhile, but remember one mistake that I made. You suffer -1 to National Will for all Strategic Points behind those that you have already lost. Meaning, if there are two Strategic Points in a track, and the foremost one is controlled - you count BOTH when calculating National Will. Not sure if that addresses Card #25, but know I had calculated my NW wrong a number of times because of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Latall
United States
Whittier
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would fix #25 indeed.

If another version of rules is made or an FAQ, it should mention #25 and #33, possibly #23, because I didn't see answers to #25 or #33 in the rules.

If I'm right with #33 and you're right with #25, all I need is #23 and I'll be set.

Thanks for the help and have a great day!
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Leviloff
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I don't have the ruleset in front of me to make sure the rules are unambiguous. I'll check this weekend. But as to Card #33, When Yudenich replaces someone (in this case, Dashkov) he replaces it on the higher side if the Provisional Government has not been triggered and the lower side if the Provisional Government is in place (Note that this is true even if the Russians are off the board in the weird situation that the Bolshevik Revolution precedes the Provisional Government. In that case, Yudenich would come in on from off the board at a Battle Value of 3)

As to #23, although its a "Dawn" deck and not a "Duck" deck, the rule is that the Arabs come into play once the Arab Revolt card is drawn or the Dawn Deck is triggered, whichever comes first. The activation of the front is signified by placing the Arab marker (on its non-Lawrence side) in Space 6 Jiddah and moving when called upon by the cards.

Jonathan is right as to National Will. National will didn't change on advances because Yudenich grabbed another Strategic site by advancing (retaining credit for the space behind him) which was offset by pushing Townsend back. However, that Kaiserschlacht battle figures in and so you are down to -3. Danger.

I hope that makes sense and you are enjoying the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.