Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thorsten Bahr
Germany
Augsburg (near Munich)
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Although cards drawn as a shadow card are supposed to go on the discard pile can it really be that this will also be the case sith a Gollum clue card.
If this happens twice in a solo game I'd say this would then mean an automatic loss of the game. It will be impossible to go through the pile a second time before your thread level hits 50 since you are unable to go to stage 3 of the adventure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If so you need to play effects that mitigate your threat, or use Gandalf to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kam
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing solo, you only need one Clue card to complete the game and there are four cards in the encounter deck. I'm not sure what the problem is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Bahr
Germany
Augsburg (near Munich)
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hi Kevin,

so I read the last adventure card wrong?! - only ONE of my heros must have a clue card?! - ok this would then indeed make it possible.Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kam
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, that's right, each player just needs one Clue attached to any of his heroes to contribute willpower to the final stage. I guess it could still happen that all four were shadow cards, but you'd have to be spectacularly unlucky

ferion wrote:
hi Kevin,

so I read the last adventure card wrong?! - only ONE of my heros must have a clue card?! - ok this would then indeed make it possible.Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If one of your heroes has a clue card, all of your heroes can commit to the quest in part 3 of the quest. Any other player, however, must have his own clue card to do the same.

Also, it's quite possible to get through the encounter deck without hitting 50 threat. It's harder in solo, but threat reduction is an option, and also remember the forced effects of the first two quest cards will get you burning through the deck more quickly than normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.