Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks. I just wanted to share with you some screenshots of the digital conversion of Thunderstone that I made for playing the game using Battlegrounds Gaming Engine, my virtual tabletop software.

Please note that, unlike my other digital game conversions, this one is not available for download; it is for personal use only, and I have no intention of distributing it.

Here are some screenshots showing how the conversion turned out:

My objective in posting this is simply to let folks know that my BGE program exists, and that it can be used to quickly and easily create such digital conversions of games for personal use (for example, to avoid print-and-play costs for a PNP game, or for games that the user owns but wants to play them online with his/her friends). Creating a digital game conversion for BGE does not require any programming, scripting, or XML-editing of any sort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Thanks for sharing. So because you own a hard copy of the game and because you are not distributing any digital conversions, you don't have to worry about copyrights?

Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've still never been able to get Battlegrounds to work for anything... ;(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
kkoene wrote:
Cool! Thanks for sharing. So because you own a hard copy of the game and because you are not distributing any digital conversions, you don't have to worry about copyrights?

IANAL, but my understanding is that creating the work for the author's personal use helps the author employ a "fair use" defense should a lawsuit arise. Perhaps more importantly, with such limited distribution, it's probably not worth the publisher's time or money to sue in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kkoene wrote:
So because you own a hard copy of the game and because you are not distributing any digital conversions, you don't have to worry about copyrights?

Just curious.

I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong by posting these three pictures. If you or someone else thinks that I am, please explain it to me, preferably in layman's terms.

Yes, my pictures happen to include artwork from the printed game, but then, so does every other picture posted here, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:

That's pretty vague. If there is something specific that you need help with, just GeekMail me and I should be able to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heruca wrote:
Titeman wrote:

That's pretty vague. If there is something specific that you need help with, just GeekMail me and I should be able to help.

I'll have to look into it again; it's been awhile...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heruca wrote:
kkoene wrote:
So because you own a hard copy of the game and because you are not distributing any digital conversions, you don't have to worry about copyrights?

Just curious.

I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong by posting these three pictures. If you or someone else thinks that I am, please explain it to me, preferably in layman's terms.

Yes, my pictures happen to include artwork from the printed game, but then, so does every other picture posted here, right?

I don't have a problem with it at all....I was just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.