Battles of Westeros» Forums » General

Subject: Playing for the first time tonight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ross Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok first attempt at the game tonight! have been through the rules and feel a little out of my depth. Seems alot I need be aware of.

Any advice before i dive in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
incase you missed it, this might really help..

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=1459

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. Go here and print up a copy of the play aid, very helpful.

http://www.headlesshollow.com/freebies_games.html

Decide right off the bat how you're going to handle the flag minis. You might just want to start with them all pointing at the same side of the board (both Lan and Stark) and just turn the mini itself around to show when a unit is spent. It's a hassle to try and spin the flags in the little base holders.

BoW is actually a fast paced game once you get the hang of it, but not at first. You and your opponent should set aside a decent block of time for your first games. But most of all, like War of the Ring (First Edition), just start playing it! Don't worry about the little mistakes, they're not that big a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that, a couple of good reads there. Love it cant wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, above all have fun. And expect Stark to take home victory in the first Scenario.

Also, check out the *incomplete* FAQ/Errata here. The Optional rules give Lannister a fighting chance in the first scenario.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok cool

just a quick question about command tokens, how many do you start with? Is it to do with the battle map or the leader card? Got a bit confused
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both command token and order token numbers are determined by the scenario.

Don't forget that any commander can play any command card, within command limits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
update

Had a great game last night, took us a while and i still need to address a couple of things but on the whole it went smoothly.
I was Lannister and won with ease but has some good rolling going on and got my tactics right. Thanks for all the above help and look forward to my next game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.