Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Talon Amores
United States
West Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lately I've taken an interest in the history of a part of the world I've never really gotten into, since I've mostly focused on the Napoleonic era and the world wars. This interest centers on Japan, since I plan on teaching English there and I'm currently learning the language, but I've always taken a liking to the history of the other Far East nations. On top of that, I've also liked the collective history of the Middle East.

So I'm wondering, are there any good wargames that focus in the Orient (ie Middle East, Far East, Southeast Asia)? Preferably ones that aren't in the world wars, but any other conflicts, from the modern Israeli-Arab conflicts to the warring daimyos in Japan works.

Complexity isn't an issue, but I do prefer strategic over tactical. But I'm not adamant in playing tactical games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Every weirdo in the world is on my wavelength
badge
We carry a new world here, in our hearts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some geeklists that might be of interest:

Wars in China's history

Top feudal japan wargames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starlifter 88
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chandragupta and Chariots of Fire to just name two. These are on the tactical end of the spectrum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This one might be of interest Keep Up The Fire!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.