Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing through The Resistance dozens of times at work, my boss (former military) thought that it would be a great game to send to the US troops deployed in Afghanistan. We all thought that this was a great idea, and so as an office we have decided to raise money to purchase copies of it to send to them. From there, it escalated. I contacted Travis at Indie Boards & Cards to see if he would be willing to help, and he generously provided us a discount rate for purchasing the games in bulk. From there, we decided, why not let anyone donate - and so here we are! If you're interested in donating money to ship copies of The Resistance to US Troops in Afghanistan, please use PayPal and donate money to TheResistanceForTroops@gmail.com.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping for in case anyone hasn't seen it. We will be accepting donations through the end of September.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia Sam Fisher
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb
Admje14 wrote:
Bumping for in case anyone hasn't seen it. We will be accepting donations through the end of September.

Thanks!

This is a good initiative

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first case went out today! We're planning on keeping the drive going until the end of September, so feel free to donate if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Howell
United States
Monterey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently returned from my second tour in Iraq and I must say that what you are doing is exceptional. We often get care packages from groups back home, which we are extremely grateful for, but which don't often include "fun" things. If I was still there and I got a package with The Resistance (or any good game) in it, I'd have been ecstatic.

Every little thing from back home is a great morale booster...you are doing more good than you can imagine!

Thanks,
Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Having not been in the military, I was just taking the word of others that it would be received well - I'm glad that you were able to reinforce what others had said!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.