Popular Tags: [View All]
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm still waiting for my copy of the game so this question is straight out of the bowels of ignorance as I've never played.

If you have two copies of the game is there any reason(s) both sets of counters can't be used? (in a solo game or one with less than or equal to 4 players)

Thanks,

Bryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Each group (and thus each counter) has a unique number and is used for referencing the group on the tech sheet, so you could only use units with exactly the same tech levels for the two counters with equal numbers. Other than that, it'd probably work.

I was actually pondering whether a second set would make sense in the last few days, too. I don't think it would though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ocean Druen
United States
Buffalo Grove
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your unit limits are also limited by the number of counters. For example there should only be two decoys (or dreadnoughts, or miners) for each player on the board.

While increasing the number of ships may be fine the limits on items like decoys, bases, and miners makes sense as they become limited resources.

Of course with house rules, anything goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would need to redesign the Ship Technology Sheet to accomadate the new ships. You would also need to mark the new ship counters.

For instance... Red Destroyer Group One counter is Red "DD-1"

the new counters would need letters added to them, maybe... Red "DD-1A"

Truthfully, you don't need two copies of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

Bryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.