Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Fox
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a copy in the 'expensive' thrift store case for $150. Upon examination i noticed that the instructions (at least) are missing along with some corrosion to the towers battery slots. Is it still worth a pick up? I would rather like to keep the game to play but unsure if the battery area is even salvagable or that all the pieces are even there because no instruction sheet to let me know the contents. there is a silver disk with corrosion from the battery area rolling around in the box so im sure it will need to be redone.

Whats BGGs thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Banks
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking as a regular thrifter, and one-time childhood owner of Dark Tower, I would pass on that one. While it was a new and exciting idea when it came out, the truth is it really isn't such a great game -- a genuine poster child for multi-player solitaire that doesn't offer much in terms of replayability, but plenty in the way of complete randomness.

I'd grab one for cheap and eBay it, but I wouldn't spend that kind of $ for one -- especially for the condition you described. It is likely that you could still turn a profit on it, after some investment of time and energy, if you are more patient than I am. As a keeper, though, I'd keep looking -- you can do MUCH better for that price.

YMMV, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that there is one on BBG right now for 125 Dollars, that seems to be in better shape, I'd rather go for the BGG model... On the other hand the 150 $ deal is for charity, while the BGG deal is not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.