Popular Tags: [View All]
John Ross
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out I'll be in Cincinnati this weekend -- the same weekend Origins is being held in Columbus.

In your opinion -- Is it worth the 2 hour drive to attend Origins for 1 day (Saturday) of unscheduled gaming bliss? What could be done in a day?

Factor in the amount of time I'll have to stand in line registering, paying, finding a parking spot....

Would you do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've never done Origins...

...strike that. Origins and Gencon teamed up in 1992. So one Origins.

On the other hand, I lived in the SW Chicago suburbs for quite a long time and went to every GenCon from 1991-1997. I wasn't always able to make a long trip, but at the very least I went for the Saturday--leaving around 0'dark-thirty and leaving at the close of the day's events.

It was always worth going for at least one day, even considering the drive. Of course, I always had at least one travelling partner--makes the drive home a bit less sleepy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pennisi
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first time at Origins so I can't say for sure but if this were GenCon I would say "yes". You can at least come up and check out a lot of the new releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The drive from Cincinnati to Columbus isn't bad--closer to an hour and a half than two--depending on where you're starting from in Cincy. Very doable. Just be careful with your speed--the police on that stretch of highway aren't very forgiving. I'd be making the trip myself if I wasn't waiting for GenCon--didn't think the wife would go for two convention trips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.