Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Laverty
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey folks! I have been thinking about how cool it would be to build some Monsterpocalypse 3D Terrain (ala miniature wargames like Warmachine). After some google searching, it looks like there are only a few people who have done it and I'm hoping to generate some conversation and ideas with some posts of other people's projects.

**** Aside from this project that I did: http://boardgamegeek.com/video/3687/monsterpocalypse/monster...
I did not make any of these projects. I am simply posting this to generate some conversation and ideas before I start building my own.

Boardwalk Brawl - By findersbane

http://67.207.147.108/monpoc/forums.monsterpocalypse.com/vie...

GenCon 2010 Table - By Privateer Press

That's all I could dig up.

I have built a number of tables for other miniatures games and I thought the visual appeal of building a realistic city scape board for Monsterpocalypse would be incredible!

Issues I foresee:
1. Positioning units on difficult terrain (trees, rocks, etc). Solution: terrain has to be identifiable, but short and easy to place figures on
2. Positioning monsters on multiple level spaces (ie. the boardwalk). Solution: Findersbane said he had a block of wood to hold up the figure.

Anyone have any ideas? Tips? Feel inspired to try building a table? I'll begin working on it and post photos as I go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Privateer tables are displays, I don't think anyone plays on those. (Saw them at PAX Prime last year.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mummykitty wrote:
The Privateer tables are displays

Correct. Everything is a big dome, it's just for looking pretty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this idea, but I can't see how to make it work with monsters being able to move across any terrain. you would need little stands for uneven terrain, I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Laverty
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know that the Privateer Table is just a display table and not to be played on. BUT, it is inspiring don't you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think terrain tiles just for the fire and rubble tiles would be a good start. Any suggestions? Sculpty? Glue and bits of rock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.