No Retreat! The Russian Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shift for out of supply unit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wojtek Makarewicz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been already answered somwhere (BGG or even the rulebook itself).
Say I have two soviet units in different hexes, one of which has the out of supply marker on it, attacking lone German unit; the result is CA and my opponent does want to counterattack; what are the odds? I mean I now become a defender (right?) and there's that out of supply marker on one of my units...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The shift for out of supply unit
Yes indeed this question has been asked and answered.

The defender chooses which hex he wants to use for mods, so if you chose the supplied unit hex, you would indeed be in supply, if you choose the un supplied unit hex for some reason (like you enjoy pain or something like that) you would then be considered out of supply. Basically the defender always gets to choose which hex will be applied for the combat resolution.

Cheers
Kevin

PS
Meant to mention this, in your example you are attacking get a CA result, so now you do in fact become the defender and can choose which hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Makarewicz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.