Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this expansion was released before Kingsport introduced aquatic monsters and Innsmouth gave us Falcon Point, the question begs whether any of the DH locations should be considered to be aquatic. I understand that Dunwich is inland, but do any of its waterways empty to the sea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jackalope wrote:
Since this expansion was released before Kingsport introduced aquatic monsters and Innsmouth gave us Falcon Point, the question begs whether any of the DH locations should be considered to be aquatic. I understand that Dunwich is inland, but do any of its waterways empty to the sea?

I would say no. They went back and added aquatic locations to Arkham and could have easily marked Dunwich if it was applicable. My impression is the waterways in Dunwich are nothing more than creeks and wouldn't be connected like the other boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunwich is 50 or 60 miles inland. The other towns are on the shore. Aquatic monsters have no oceanic connection to Dunwich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eighty percent of the Human population lives within thirty miles of a navigable waterway.

Them as doesn't... well, many of them's in what ya' call a "Backwater". Means there's water, but you cain't get very far on it.

Tends to make fer... close... family relations.

Which explains a fair amount 'bout Dunwich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A variant I've used is to draw two Mythos cards before the initial Mythos phase and check their locations. I place the two Aquatic Location markers on those spots if they are not designated as such already.

Underground rivers, sewers, streams, water tables etc. can be the explanation. The Dunwich expansion includes "The Colour Out of Space" canon which includes building a resevoir over the central location of that story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Come to think of it, Cold Spring Glen is a location on the Dunwich board as well. I nominate that as an aquatic locaion along with Gardner's Place (specifically the well) from "The Colour Out of Space".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Springs and wells have water in them, but it's hard to see how Silas would hitch a ride on a merchant vessel to either of them, or how either be reached by launch from Falcon Point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radulla wrote:
Springs and wells have water in them, but it's hard to see how Silas would hitch a ride on a merchant vessel to either of them, or how either be reached by launch from Falcon Point.

Hah! Good Point! I was only thinking of aquatic (monster) movement, which happens so rarely in the games I play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.