Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Morris
United Kingdom
Cardiff
South Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just wanted to know your guys' opinions on the difficulty of the game.
A large part of me actually buying a co-op game hangs on how easy/hard the game is. I once bought Forbidden Island only to find that it was pretty much a total cakewalk and I don't want that to happen again!

So is it difficult/has the potential to be difficult? Is it likely that after a certain amount of playthrough's you'll simply learn what to do to defeat each Elder God?

I'd like to hear your opinions, please.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The general consensus seems to be that it is much easier than what people were expecting. I think everyone also agrees though that pretty minor tweaks can be made to fix that. A variety of great ideas have already been posted in the variants section here on the geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
how challenging this game is ???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Morris
United Kingdom
Cardiff
South Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cheers guys. I must've missed that thread on my quick scan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Dart
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played three games so far. Twice me and a friend did 2-players and lost both. The first was against Yig, and more of an understanding of the game. The second game we had 1 Elder Sign before Azathoth woke up.

The third game was 4p, against Ithaqua, and we (should say I /flex) got the last Elder Sign on what would have been the final turn before the AO woke up.

And on that third game, as Vincent Lee, I had a first turn death...

So, yeah, it seems somewhat challenging so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a 2-player game and a solitaire game, I am of the opinion that this is a very easy game. I'm already curious about variants, such as applying the terror effects of every adventure on the table, adventures with monster tasks being filled by monsters as soon as they enter play, or adventure cards only being added at midnight (and once per midnight), or something. I mean, that salesman just steamrolled Cthulhu last time - no contest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.