Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Toone
United Kingdom
Ilkeston
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies if this is the wrong place, or if I am breaking forum etiquette.<

I am considering passing my collection on as it is not getting the use it deserves, I have all of the sets except Armies of Oblivion, plus Pegasus Bridge and 1st edition Solitaire.

I only really game with toy soldiers now so it really doesn't get the airing that it should, I'd like it all to go to a good home, any advice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give up on the toy soldiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Hjelme
Norway
Arendal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you willing to sell individual modules? Im just starting up and find it hard to aquire the core modules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
baldmanwithsnake wrote:
I am considering passing my collection on as it is not getting the use it deserves,

The day will come when you regret your decision... meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just sell the modules individually if it isn't too much trouble to separate everything out. You can put it all up for sale here in BGG. or you can donate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
You have several options.

Firstly, for convenience sake, you could consider selling the entire collection en masse, and ask for bids in the Gamesquad ASL forum or here. People will obviously want to know the condition of the material you have (boxed, counters punched, worn etc.) but you probably already knew that.

You might maximise prices by selling modules individually, on ebay or another suich bidding site. The out of print modules such as Yanks, Croix de Guerre, Hollow Legions, West of Alamein and some of the annuals and early journals could attract significant interest, particularly if your gear is in good condition.

I hope it goes well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Toone
United Kingdom
Ilkeston
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I think I would prefer to sell it as one lot, but I think it would be more sensible to parcel it up.

I will look into it at the weekend.

@Morten, let me know what you are after....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ramsey
United Kingdom
Stevenage
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt,

What area do you live in? I echo the comments about potentially regretting this in a few years.

Obviously if you've decided to move on, that's cool - but if you've given up due to a lack of opponents, it's worth having one last look around.

There's Intensive Fire, the tournament in Bournemouth, in a few weeks- it's a nice relaxed environment to play in, and maybe rekindle the love.

As has been previously recommended, separating out the modules would probably work best price wise - CoB and GH are commanding reasonably high prices these days. Yanks suddenly has become much more sought after, but things like WoA may be less now that FKaC has arrived.

All the best,

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
As Darth Vader says "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest parcelling it out!!! It works out better!! That's what I did!!blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.