Erik Ruigrok
Netherlands
Meppel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering about some other strategy aspect: How are VP's, deniers and IP's (influence points) related in proportion to each other? I mean, is it for instance better to score 2 VP's or 3 IP's, or maybe 5 deniers? Of course, it depends on wether you are in round 1 or round 6, because IP's and deniers are important in the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you hit it right on the head. Influence is important early and mid-game. Deniers are always great, especially if your opponent is low on cash. VP's are always good. How they relate to each other in value, I honestly couldn't say definitively, because, for me at least, it seems to vary depending on what cards are out and who your opponent is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Mac
Canada
Valley
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and interestingly enough, I think an ability to synthesize all information, and determine their RELATIVE value in a given game and situation is one of the chief skills needed to succeed in the game. (WHich is tough, because as you've each said, there is no easy equation to apply - in part because each is related to available dice as well)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darrenmac wrote:
...and interestingly enough, I think an ability to synthesize all information, and determine their RELATIVE value in a given game and situation is one of the chief skills needed to succeed in the game. (WHich is tough, because as you've each said, there is no easy equation to apply - in part because each is related to available dice as well)

You'd think that, but I'm still winning about 80% of my games. When I lose, it's usually a grievous mistake clicking when playing online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.