Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Rousseau
United States
White Sulphur Springs
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HI, & Help:

I just started playing Justinian and I need some help. The problem that I am having is the Battle Results Table and how to use it properly. The rules aren't too clear as to how to use the Battle Table for combat. First of all, does each player roll a die to get their own result or is there just one die roll?

Die Roll Modifiers (DRM) - I understand the DRM's and how to apply them, but, at least in my opinion, the table seems to be backwards.

EXAMPLE: The Ostrogoth's moved into Dalmatia with 17 SP's. Dalmatia is a city province, and there is a Byzantine army there with 12 SP's. According to the table, the Goths will get a -2 DRM because they are attacking a city province in which the Byzantines control, which makes sense. But when you look over the Battle Results Table, you will see that when you apply negative DRM's, it helps that army instead of hurting it, like it should. In other words, the negative DRM's help the attacker while the positive DRM's hurt them.

Am I looking at this wrong, or am I missing something or what? I would very much appreciate any help, so that I can continue the game.

Thank you,
Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Karlsson
Sweden
Linköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know no rules, but from looking at this image,
my guess would be that the numbers in the table is the number of casualties inflicted on the enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.