California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted a revision for the title to be "51st State: A New Era" but it was declined. The game specifically mentions its a stand alone expansion. If you do a search for 51st State, this doesn't actually show up. Seems it would make sense to add the original game title which is what is normally done with expansions.

Or does the designer consider this a whole new game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to know this as well. From some of the reading I've done, it's "almost" as if this new game is the final draft of 51st State.... which I'm actually OK with. I enjoy 51st State, and am interested to see what the designer thinks needs improvement etc...

But yes... I'm also an inquiring mind in this regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I submitted a revision for the title to be "51st State: A New Era" but it was declined. The game specifically mentions its a stand alone expansion. If you do a search for 51st State, this doesn't actually show up. Seems it would make sense to add the original game title which is what is normally done with expansions.

Or does the designer consider this a whole new game?

From what Ignacy said himself, it works both as a standalone as an expansion, just like Dominion: Intrigue to Dominion, so, it was a moderation error IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You may buy New Era even if you have never heard about 51 and play and have a great time. This is stand alone product.

You can, on the other hand, buy NE as expansion for 51, mix cards and play with whole set. It works very good as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
You may buy New Era even if you have never heard about 51 and play and have a great time. This is stand alone product.

You can, on the other hand, buy NE as expansion for 51, mix cards and play with whole set. It works very good as well.

Will they use a similar ruleset or just the same components on two completely different games?

If the second (diff. rules, same components), can 51st State also be used as an expanstion to New Era?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon Zachara
Poland
Katowice
Silesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@endou_kenji
The first one: Most of the rules from 51st State works in NE, there are also some new rules in NE. However if You buy NE first it's no problem to buy 51st State afterwards and threat it as a NE expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.