United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Labyrinth Experts and Semi-Experts:

I've never played Labyrinth before and I haven't played TS (or 1960) for that matter. For what its worth, I have played Campaign Manager to death...

Anyway, the rules were daunting but I'd like to give the 2 player game a shot with my friend this weekend.

Any advice (other than "learn from a vet"), tips, or suggestions that will help ease the pain and learning curve?

Please post on this thread (where I've listed the games we are playing this weekend): http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/72275/item/1827685#item182...

Thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the player aids in the files. I put one in there that may be helpful, especially to new players. Try the solo game once, or twice, if possible. The biggest hurdle is knowing what to do and what you can do. There are a lot of moving parts, and two sets of them, but don't get discouraged. This is a fantastic game, it may just take a few plays to see it.

Playing those other games would be immensely helpful, especially TS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play through the Example of Play.
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And also check out the vassal demos by Joel Toppen. They're available from the GMT games website, with both Vassal logs and MP3 files of the audio. Very helpful even though Joel has the worst luck with dice rolls in his Labyrinth games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Crymble
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You could also go to wargameroom and ask someone to take you through an example game. I have had several people there offer to teach me new games using Skype.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You might find my article on our site "The Boardgaming Life" of some help.

"A Beginner's Guide to playing GMT's Labyrinth: The War on Terror"

http://theboardgaminglife.com/ArticlePages/labyrinth_ht1.asp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirlitho -
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The link for Joel Toppen's demos :

http://www.mediafire.com/?cpclhgqbfqoab

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeb13603 wrote:
Play through the Example of Play.
Mike

This is what we did. Just take it slow. The Player Aids for this game are key, keep them close, refer to them each turn to get familiar with the options available to you and how to carry them out. If you need to dig a little deeper the Player Aids will reference you to the section in the rule book you need to be reading for each available action.

It's a little overwhelming at first but stick with it. It is seriously a fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.