United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar experience with one of my Emergence games. We had to run back to the second map tile (it had the infinite grenades that time) to pick up more grenades to plug the hole. Your variant also makes thematic sense, as when you drop a grenade into a hole in the game, it doesn't do much splash damage around it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More thematically would be to discard a grenade to seal an emergence hole in your area or alternatively you can still throw one from a range. I remember in the video game, I could throw 4 grenades and miss the emergence hole with everyone but I could also run over to it and just drop one in - guaranteed hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmzomba wrote:
More thematically would be to discard a grenade to seal an emergence hole in your area or alternatively you can still throw one from a range. I remember in the video game, I could throw 4 grenades and miss the emergence hole with everyone but I could also run over to it and just drop one in - guaranteed hit.

I like this too. Even better, restrict it to only if you're standing on the emergence hole and there are no enemies in the area (or within LOS). I'm a little concerned auto-sealing would make it too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dedeaux
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheFlatline wrote:
"You may choose not to roll attack dice at all and plug one Emergence hole. If you do this, no Locust in the area are attacked."

And here I thought my first game was played with all the rules correct! I played with this rule without realizing it is wrong (I discarded a token to close the opening automatically) laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmzomba wrote:

That is how we've been playing ... if the hole is in your area, you may discard a grenade to seal it automatically, but having to toss one from another area is taking a chance so we roll for those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems thematically correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Battiscombe
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Mmzomba wrote:

I like this too. Even better, restrict it to only if you're standing on the emergence hole and there are no enemies in the area (or within LOS). I'm a little concerned auto-sealing would make it too easy.

I'd would say you could only auto-plug the hole if you were in the same area, and NOT in cover.

This should stop it from being to easy, since any fire directed at that COG would do more damage, unless the team works together to protect him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We "had" been playing that 5+ damage seals an EH; Omens do 5 damage (to EH only). This because sometimes we'd roll great damage with grenades, and no Omens, so the hole was unseald (which is almost crazy if you think about it).

But this rule/variant may be better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike oldham
United States
lake station
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like both ideas myself i see taking both methods and create 1 variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.