Subject: Limited edition in US rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guilherme xD
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something about an U.S. limited edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand your question. Have you heard about something new? Are you asking about the Treefrog Ltd Edition? The only U.S. release I've heard about so far is Mayfair distributing the Standard Edition for Treefrog:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7371989#7371989

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme xD
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeap, I know guy, but before do my pre order I want know if has some possible of a limited edition be release on U.S. too, thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guiherme...It's no longer in pre-order. It's now in general release and I believe the limited edition sold out fast.

If you follow the thread, "Nice Bits" that I started you may see info on getting similar looking towns and villages from Settlers parts available on Mayfair and on a German website.

That said, the game looks quite nice and plays just as well with the standard bits. The board's town spaces even have the circles to accommodate the round wooden town pieces of the standard game.

I really wouldn't let that stop you. Either way, it's a beautiful game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guilherme33 wrote:
Yeap, I know guy, but before do my pre order I want know if has some possible of a limited edition be release on U.S. too, thx.

There is no possiblity before you pre-order,
but, the day after you have received your normal copy,
a deluxe limited edition with bonuses is a definite maybe!soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Ahlman
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reasons treefrog releases a limited edition copy of the game are many. But one of them is so they can motivate fans to buy from their website directly, and hence give them a mutch higher profit than they get when you buy a game from your local game store (when there are atleast 2 more companies who want a share of the cake). Hence I'd not expect treefrog to release any limited edition sold in stores (including US stores) anytime soon.

The only way to get a limited edition AFAoS now is to either buy it from someone secound hand, or go to Essen where martin will bring 100 limited edition copies. Another release of limited edition would gravely hurt their reputation (since unanounced making the current limited edition holders copies less limited).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Ove,

I think when I hear "limited edition" I go ga-ga. Maybe it is just my selfish nature.

I am all for Martin Wallace, or any other designer, making more money in this manner. I realize, now, that I am not really interested in having his signature on something I would likely want to replay repeatedly. I just like the components better, and I have found out where I can get those for without spending arm and limb.

Still, if I did have the extra money, I would buy a limited edition. The sad part is that it would sit on the shelf until the day I died, unopened and uplayed.

Gives a new twist on the idea of a "limited edition."

Much like our lives.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.