Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone interesting in giving this a try via Vassal? Would be a learning game (or two)for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are willing to deal with me learning how to play using Vassal, I will deal with you being a new player to the game. Send me geekmail and we can play a game or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be up for it as well. Live or PBEM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to play this one too. Time differences could be an issue. When are you guys usually online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean (or anyone else on this thread), would you be interested in a game live on Vassal tonight, starting, say, at 10 or 11pm Eastern time? If so just send me a private message!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Although Sean has been quite gracious to take turns a couple times a day, he might have wanted live play.

If anyone wants to play a turn or two a day on vassal, send me geekmail. I'm perfectly willing to work through a game or two teaching people this really great game. The only sad thing is I think the game has a lot of tension face to face that won't come across well playing at that pace. But learning to play is good too. Hell, I'm still learning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I just intalled Vassal and downloaded the Sekigahara module. I'd like to play PBEM but not really sure how to get that started. Anybody up for a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Mojzis
Czech Republic
Praha 4
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am up for VASSAL PBEM game. I have played Sekigahara once face to face and play lots of games on VASSAL. PM me..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in playing on Vassal, as it looks unlikely I'll get a live opponent anywhere in the near future...live or PBEM, doesn't matter to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this thread has been dormant for a while, but for the benefit of those curious and looking here for feedback, the Vassal module for this game is VERY playable and works very well. The only issue that requires any sort of player intervention to do is the simultaneous (secret) selection of bid cards for turn order.

I am playing my second game now and the way we are working with it is for one player to select and place his face-down bid card on the table at the end of his turn. Then the other player reads through the log file to the point where the other player has placed the face-down card on the table. Then the active player does the same thing and flips his card face-up on the table. Next, he steps forward in the log to reveal his opponent's bid and does the necessary administrative stuff to begin the next round and either proceeds to start the turn or sends it back to the opponent if they bid higher.

This does rely on some measure of trust in your opponent which is not a problem for me. If you wanted to eliminate any question of peaking, you'd just save the log before flipping your card, then allow the other player to do his flip, then flip your card afterwards. It's extra steps but would perhaps be better for competitive/serious play or just for people who are less trusting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scipio O.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing this game on Vassal against an opponent I didn't know but who was apparently skilled. I don't have a lot of experience with the game, none on Vassal, and hadn't played in a while. So I was being slow and he was giving me a pretty good drubbing. I did capture Ueda and laid seige to Aizu, but had lost Miyazu. I put together a medium-sized force and captured Gizu. It wasn't a very careful step on my part. He readily assembled a large army and wiped out all five of my blocks in Gizu. Things were looking not so good.

But my next turn, I drew three loyalty cards (!) and felt I could use them and my other cards to regain some ground with a surprise attack. I used a force march to get my main army, which had already left Ueda, down the central highway to Gifu. At first he corrected me, rightly pointing out that I couldn't move more than 4 blocks that far because of the road movement rules. When I adjusted the size of the army below 5, he claimed I hadn't started the turn on the highway and hit undo 20-odd times. When it became clear that I was right, he said it was too late to keep going and disappeared, quitting the game.

I guess sometimes that's life with a pick-up game on Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.