Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Pacheco
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just learning the game and I have 3 questions.

#1 What if someone chooses the "Consume" phase and I have no cards with consume abilities?

#2 The 4 colored production worlds made sense, but what are the non-military worlds with a white filled in circles and gray filled in circles?

#3 What does the tiny circle on some cards signify? (i.e. Rebel Underground)

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross G.
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Wisdom begins in wonder.
badge
Stale pastry is hollow succor to a man who is bereft of ostrich.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You do nothing. any good you have will stay on their worlds.

2. The gray worlds have no color, and they never produce goods. The only "white filled-in circles" I know of are the windfall worlds. They are the color of the halo around the circle.

3. It just doubly indicates that it is a rebel world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all as far as I know, since I'm no rules guru. (So maybe I shouldn't be answering, but hey, I'm here.)

1) You consume (i.e., lose) the goods on the worlds, and get nothing for them. Wrong! Good thing there are actual players of RftG online, eh?

2) The white filled in circles should have a colored border. They're 'windfall' worlds that come out with a good on them, but don't (regularly) generate goods. The worlds with filled-in grey circles don't produce goods, period.

3) Not sure. Something to do with future (at the time) expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
greyrooms wrote:
I am just learning the game and I have 3 questions.

#1 What if someone chooses the "Consume" phase and I have no cards with consume abilities?

#2 The 4 colored production worlds made sense, but what are the non-military worlds with a white filled in circles and gray filled in circles?

Thanks

1> If you have no consume abilities, you cannot consume. You basically lose out on that phase. Also note, if you have consume abilities that you CAN use, you MUST use them. Consume is not optional. I know that wasn't in your question, but it's something I missed at first, so I thought I'd point it out.

2> Grey worlds produce nothing. Grey worlds simply have no good type. White worlds will have a colored Halo around the OUTSIDE of the circle. These are windfall worlds. They come into play with a resource on them, are treated as worlds of the Halo's color, and do not usually produce.
The bonus for Playing Produce as your Role choice is that you get to have one of your windfall worlds produce.

3> The small pink dot on some worlds means it's a REBEL world, even if it does not have the REBEL keyword. While I don't THINK it matters with just the base set (I forget for certain), the Expansions, ESPECIALLY Rebel Vs Imperium have a lot of cards that have bonuses and powers that relate to Rebel worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
greyrooms wrote:

Any goods you have just sit there, unconsumed.

In RFTG, you build both halves of an economy -- production worlds, to produce goods whenever any player calls "Produce", and worlds with consumption powers, to consume them whenever any player calls "Consume".

A world can only have one good on it at a time.

Quote:

Grey worlds simply provide powers and VPs. They can never have a good on them.

Worlds with colored halos are "windfall worlds" (see rules page 5, middle of page); they enter play with a good on them, but don't normally receive goods when Produce is called. Some powers can produce goods on these worlds and, as the bonus for the player calling Produce, that player may produce a good on one windfall world.

Windfall worlds are useful for calling Consume:Trade and trading their goods to get more cards in hand during the early going, instead of having both Settle and Produce happen, before calling Consume:Trade.

Note that Trade is a bonus, so only a player calling Consume:Trade gets to Trade a good (the Consume happens for everyone).

Quote:

It's a Rebel military world, see rules page 12, Galactic Imperium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:

1) You consume (i.e., lose) the goods on the worlds, and get nothing for them.

This is wrong. Goods are ONLY ever consumed by a consume power. Thus, if you do NOT have consume powers, or do not have powers sufficient to consume all your goods, Any left over goods simply SIT on their world, preventing it from producing MORE goods until the one on them is used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
TiwazTyrsfist wrote:
This is wrong.

Yeah, I know. I tried to edit it, I swear!

The truth is, I've never played RftG.

I looked through a telescope once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:

Out! Out of our forum!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:

thumbsup + for admitting to that after answering questions about the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
fateswanderer wrote:
swheelock wrote:

Out! Out of our forum!!

No! I wanna play a SPACEMAN GAME!! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Pacheco
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies.

Now I just need to play RftG more. My wife won't play this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
No! I wanna play a SPACEMAN GAME!! cry

Come play on BoardgameArena!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JW
Australia
Doncaster
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greyrooms wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies.

Now I just need to play RftG more. My wife won't play this one.

Do try the Magnificent RftG AI by Keldon, available at http://www.keldon.net/rftg/

p.s. you can also play online with other people too! (assuming you're not living in Australia arrrh)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.