Popular Tags: [View All]
Tucker Johnson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So I ran into the problem of the First Aid card during one of the games of Shadow Hunters. The card says that you are to place a character's hp marker to 7. Does this mean that you can pick someone that has less than seven damage and move them to seven? The concept seemed ridiculous that someone could be moved from zero damage to seven with one card. Plus a first aid kit normally implies healing rather than killing someone. Of course there were jokes on how a first aid kit could do damage rather than heal someone. During this game we made a house rule that the card can only be used to heal damage rather than deal damage, but I would like to know how others have handled this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about First Aid and moving
First Aid card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Johnson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you for the quick reply. I feel stupid for asking a question that was already answered here. For whatever reason I didn't see the arrows to scroll to more posts beyond the first page. I'm new to bgg and still trying to learn how to use this amazing resource. Yet again, thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't feel stupid; it happens all the time. Sometimes people don't even know how to post in game specific forums.

Anyway, I hope those posts help you. The official ruling seems to be that you can use it to do damage, but others play like you as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the same house rule, it can only be used for healing. There's nothing that could change my mind on that card, it's dumb to think that a First Aid kit could be the most damaging card in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hoffmann
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
I use the same house rule, it can only be used for healing. There's nothing that could change my mind on that card, it's dumb to think that a First Aid kit could be the most damaging card in the game.

Do you have any idea how many serial killers were nurses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.