Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Must a player reveal which hero he is going to move if he has a choice? I know the direction is secret and then revealed. But, can a player mask which hero he intends to move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mierz
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
medievalbanquet wrote:
Must a player reveal which hero he is going to move if he has a choice? I know the direction is secret and then revealed. But, can a player mask which hero he intends to move?

I've always understood it that you choose your hero and movement at the same time; therefore, your hero selection is revealed at the same time your direction is revealed. I put my unmoving heroes in the middle of the movement square and the moving one wherever it's going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Maybe, I missed it in the rules.

I think playing it hidden is best anyhow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mierz
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked at the rules, and the only relevant section is this:

"You can move only one Hero during the movement phase, even if all three are in play. You indicate which Hero is being moved by the token you use to plan movement."

While it's not really explicit about it, I think it would say something if you had to indicate which one you're moving beforehand. And like you said, it just works best that way anyhow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TimMierz wrote:
I just looked at the rules, and the only relevant section is this:

"You can move only one Hero during the movement phase, even if all three are in play. You indicate which Hero is being moved by the token you use to plan movement."

While it's not really explicit about it, I think it would say something if you had to indicate which one you're moving beforehand. And like you said, it just works best that way anyhow.

This is the rule that raised the question for me. I would have thought it would state that things are hidden explicitly rather than have us 'assume' it is...

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.