Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know that ringing sound that you will perceive when you are in a very quiet area? Some people say this is an auditory-illusion brought about by the ear's inability to detect frequencies below the threshold of the human senses. This is completely wrong. That ringing covers up something else altogether. If you are quick, patient, and maybe a little lucky, you will be able to hear past the ringing. What you will hear are voices whispering to each other. They will silence themselves quickly but with practice, you will become more adept at catching and interpreting what they are saying. You will hear things of the past, the present, and the future. However, you must be careful. Because there is no such thing as a voice without a body.

And when you start noticing them, they will start noticing you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Friend?
Player List According to Cassandra:
Americanadian
Avin
Belash
davidenkinderen
funkadillo
gdapkus
Gelatinous Goo
jamgar
lvoverride
miraria
ohgrande
PeteVasi
Robb
SaiSaysPlayGo
StatSig
SuperChutney
twomillionbucks
Violintides
woodjh

19 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/6992...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an evil team and a good team.

Evils are made up of max and aux evils.

Goods are made of of specials and villagers.

Evil wins when parity is reached.

Good wins when the max evils are lynched/removed from the game.

There are no neutral roles or roles with conflicting VCs.

There may be odd mechanics and/or rules within the game.

Flavor may contain useful information.

If you have a question, please ask in MOD chat or by using red text in the thread. I will not comment on anything unless it is asked in red text.

Before posting, players must check cassie after dawn is posted for game updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This starts on a Friday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
This starts on a Friday?

Roles are given out and dawn is posted on Fridy which allows for a long day 1. I do this because I want first lynch to occur on Monday, but with lynch at 12:00pm, I cannot post dawn on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
YESYESYESYES~!!~~!~!@!@

I love you, riot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else think of this when they saw the thread title?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What type of game will this be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vovix wrote:
What type of game will this be?

I'll have some details added this evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The moderator and current roster compels me to sign up without any other information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some details have been added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you do a 5-6 pm. lynch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vovix wrote:
Could you do a 5-6 pm. lynch?

Sorry, but that's too difficult for me to do. My computer time in the evenings is very random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
riot wrote:
do not try a day of silence.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamie worked busily on her drawing while her mother stood at the stove cooking dinner. Without looking up her mother asked, "What are you drawing, sweetie?"

Jamie continued her drawing while she answered. "My friend."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Honey, did Jamie do some drawings after school?" Jamie's father asked.

Her mother answered, "Yes, a couple. Why?"

"I like the one of our family, but what's this one supposed to be? Looks like she just scribbled a lot of black on the page."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added two more players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Mr. and Mrs. Logan, I appreciate you meeting with me. Jamie is an extraordinary child, but there are some issues that have recently come up that are concerning to me. At first, I didn't think anything of it. I mean, many children create and have imaginary friends, but for Jamie... Well, let me start at with the first incident"

"Jamie was playing in the art center with two other girls in class. I didn't personally see what happened, but one of the girls claimed Jamie scribbled all over her drawing while she was putting something away in her bag. When I asked Jamie about it, she denied doing anything and said it was 'her friend' that did it. I thought she was talking about the third girl at the table, but she claimed to not do it either nor did she see Jamie do it. Since I didn't see anything, there was nothing I could really do. I told the girls to be respectful of each other's work and not to do anything to damage another person's drawing. They all seemed to be fine with this, and I didn't really think anything more of it."

"There were other odd things and similar incidents since that time, but because I, or one of my aides, never saw Jamie do anything, there wasn't much we could do. We also couldn't tell if this was something she was doing or some sort of teasing the other kids were doing. No matter how much we tried to monitor Jamie, and the other students around her, none of us could ever see anything happening. Something would happen just as we looked away in seemed."

"This brings me to the latest incident. Yesterday the students lined up for dismissal. Jamie was at the back of the line. When I turned to open the door, the student in front of Jamie was injured. He claims that Jamie pushed him causing him to fall over a chair. While he wasn't seriously injured, we do have to report anything physical to the school and parents. Jamie again claims 'her friend' did it. The boy didn't actually see her push him because his back was turned, but she was the only person able to push him."

"While I am suspicious of Jamie's behavior, I'm also concerned for her emotionally. Less and less of the students will play with her, and she's quickly becoming an outcast. Today I had Jamie working with an aide most of the day. I spoke with her before this meeting and she mentioned that Jamie doesn't seem concerned about having friends. Jamie's imaginary friend is apparently all Jamie wishes to have. My aide gave me this picture that Jamie drew."

"Officially there isn't much I can do. I am recommending Jamie meet with our school psychologist for testing even though I don't think her issue is a learning disability. The guidance counselor is also available for Jamie to speak with, but we'd prefer if you were involved in that decision as well."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Key: Totally Bouse
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Jamie, do you know why your parents asked me to speak with you?" The man sat back in his chair after pressing "record" on the laptop. He readied his pen in preparation to whatever Jamie had to say.

Jamie sat Indian-style in the oversized chair across from the psychiatrist. "I'm not sure. I mean, I think they are worried about me not having any friends at school, but I don't need them."

"I see. Most girls your age want a lot of friends, but it's OK if you don't. Why do you not have friends?"

Jamie fidgeted with her hands. "I didn't say that I don't have any friends. I said that I don't need any friends at school."

"You're right, that is what you said. My apologies. So you have friends from somewhere besides school? Church, maybe?"

"No, we don't go to church. I don't need friends from anywhere."

The doctor quickly wrote some notes. "Why don't you need friends?"

"Because I have the only friend I need." Jamie seemed to brighten with this reply.

"Who is your friend?" asked the doctor.

Jamie's brow wrinkled to match the confused look on her face. "My friend," she replied with a smart alec tone. She was tempted to add "duh" to the end. This wasn't lost upon the doctor.

"But who is he?"

"He?" Jamie looked thoroughly confused now.

"Let's make this simpler. Is your friend a boy or a girl?"

"I don't know. My friend is just my friend."

Now the doctor was confused. He decided to switch topics. "Tell me about the other children at school. Even though you don't feel like you need to be friends with them, what do you think of them?"

"I don't know. Some of them seem nice, but others are mean." Jamie began fidgeting again.

"Mean?" prodded the doctor.

"Some of them make fun of me... and my friend. They say mean things about us." Jamie looked as if she might start crying.

"OK, Jamie. We don't need to remember those things right now..."

Jamie interrupted. "I mean, this one girl was really mean today." Tears began rolling down her cheeks.

"Jamie, it's OK. You don't..."

Jamie continued anyway. "She said I was a 'stupid, crazy head', and that I would have to go in the hospital because of my friend." Now the tears flowed freely from her eyes.

"Jamie, please stop."

Suddenly Jamie smiled through her tears. "She doesn't know though. My friend would never let that happen."

The remainder of the session was fairly uneventful after that. The doctor calmed Jamie down, and they spoke about other things they liked to do. He learned that Jamie loved to draw, so while he met with her parents, he asked her to draw something for him.

----------------------------------------------------

"So, doctor...", Jamie's dad began.

"I'd love to tell you I have everything figured out, but Jamie is a remarkable child. Her friend seems to be someone tangible in her world that she relies on heavily. I'm concerned that she's created this imaginary friend to cope with rejection of others her age." The doctor paused to glance at Jamie. "She told me of one girl in particular that she says is mean to her. Sometimes confronting these feelings of rejection can help the child move past them. I've asked Jamie to draw how she felt when the girl was mean to her as a way to face these feelings."

"I'm done," Jamie said quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamie's mom knocked softly but quickly on the door and entered the room. Jamie was sitting on the floor with her back against the bed and her eyes closed.

"Jamie?" Her mother asked not knowing if Jamie was awake.

Jamie face scrunched into a scowl, and she motioned with her arms and hands for her mother to be quiet.

Her mother was having none of it. "Jamie, I don't know what you're doing, but I'm trying to talk to you," she said sternly.

Jamie screamed in frustration and her body fell to the side into a heap on the floor. Her mother rushed to side to see what was the matter, but Jamie pushed her away.

"You scared them away," Jamie was sobbing. She pushed past her mother and ran to the bathroom, locking the door behind her. Jamie's mother remained on her knees in shock of her daughter's outburst.

A new picture was laying on Jamie's art table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamie's father was enjoying the quiet of the Saturday morning. He had noticed that Jamie no longer watched TV or listened to the radio which was fine with him. He couldn't stand what passed for cartoons and music these days. As he passed through the breakfast nook, he glanced at the table. The quiet ceased.

"Jamie, get in here!" Her father shouted the command while clenching another drawing. Jamie's mother rushed into the room.

"Jamie!," he shouted again.

Her mother say he was holding a drawing in his hand. "Honey, calm down. This isn't the way to-," her mother began soothingly say before her father cut her off.

"Your way hasn't been working. That shrink has been seeing her the past month and nothing has gotten better, only worse. She's acting out more in school, and you heard what happened to that little girl on the playground. If anyone else knew about that drawing you found, our daughter would likely be sitting in some mental hospital somewhere."

As they spoke, he moved quickly through the house towards Jamie's room with her mother on his heels. Her father gripped the doorknob and twisted his hand, but it didn't turn. He began banging on the door with his fist.

"Jamie! Open this door, this instant!"

"Stop it! You're going to scare her," her mother protested, but Jamie's father didn't let up. After hammering the door a couple more times with no response, he turned and walked away from the door. His actions confused Jamie's mother.

"Where are you-," she began to ask, but he was already gone. She turned to the door and spoke to it. "Jamie, please unlock the door and tell me what's going on. You know you're not supposed to lock doors. I don't know what you drew that's upset your father so much, but you can't hide in your room. You need to-."

"Move." Jamie's father had returned and pulled her mother away from the door and out of his way. He inserted the thin screwdriver into the tiny door on the knob and unlocked the door. Not hesitating for a second, he barged into the bedroom.

Jamie sat with crossed legs on her bed with her eyes closed. At first glance, she appeared oblivious to anything going on outside her room. However although her body seemed relaxed, her faced held a grimace as if she was trying to focus her thoughts on something. She finally opened her eyes and acknowledged her parents presence when Jamie's father slammed the drawing onto her art table.

"What is this?" he demanded. His stern look shifted when he noticed Jamie was looking at him in fear. She had a look of sadness which unnerved him. Nonetheless, he repeated his question while trying to show his change in emotion.

"You scared my friend away," Jamie said ignoring her father's question. Tears began forming in her eyes.

Whatever sympathy her father had developed when he saw her sadness left him. "I don't care about your stupid imaginary friend. I don't ever want to hear you talk about him, it, or whatever again. Now why did you draw this picture?" Jamie's mother moved to her husband's side and pulled him back from the bed a few steps. They began to argue about his actions and didn't notice Jamie softly speaking while she sobbed.

"You're making my friend mad, and I don't care what you say."

Then she smiled.

"We'll be friends forever."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This lynch time is awful for me, but I'm loving the flavor and mysterious game mechanics always interest me. I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Friend? - Need one more.
Case File: 156872B

Victims were found dead in daughter's room of the residence. Adult female has multiple stab wounds in her neck and upper torso. Bruising was found on her wrists suggesting someone or something restrained her arms. Adult male has a single wound through his eye with the apparent murder weapon for the female. Body placement suggest the wound was self inflicted. Bruising was found on only one wrist suggesting restraints by someone or something; however, the body placement also suggests the arm with bruising was the arm used to self inflict. Murder weapon appears to be a flat tip screwdriver.

Blood patterns suggest adult male inflicted wounds on adult female before inflicting wound on himself. No evidence could be found of a third party in the room other than the daughter. Evidence suggests daughter left the room when both adults were dead.

Daughter was found in the kitchen smiling and speaking to herself. She only appeared upset when officers tried to speak with her. She was hanging the following pictures on the refrigerator when officers found her.

Daughter has been placed with CPS. Although she is not considered a suspect at the present time, the child is scheduled for a full psychological review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Setting up game. Please do not post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [69] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.