James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2647

I think it looks pretty sweet. Having the building will be nice, and will work well in Dust Warfare too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sick!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Icey10 101
msg tools
I like the idea of this...but I really hope you can buy the buildings seperate. I would enjoy having a few of things buildings on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Icey101 wrote:
I like the idea of this...but I really hope you can buy the buildings seperate. I would enjoy having a few of things buildings on the map.

I agree, although beyond the building, all that will be in it is a thin book and 2 figures, so I wouldn't be surprised if they felt it wasn't worth it to make the building available separately - the price point probably wouldn't be all that different.

I'm hoping that it can be used as 2 or 3 shorter buildings as well. I can only see one doorway on the picture, but I'm guessing there are more that can be added in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"This campaign expansion comes with parts for a customizable three-dimensional building, allowing players to construct terrain up to three stories tall."

To me that reads like you can make buildings of different heights. 3 stories is just the maximum. I do hope it has more doorways as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
"This campaign expansion comes with parts for a customizable three-dimensional building, allowing players to construct terrain up to three stories tall."

To me that reads like you can make buildings of different heights. 3 stories is just the maximum. I do hope it has more doorways as well.

Yes, but the ability to make a single building that is 1, 2 or 3 stories tall is different than the ability to make multiple buildings that are 1 or 2 stories tall.

Oh well, it will be cool, either way. :-) I do hope we have lots of options for how to make the building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Icey101 wrote:

Absolutely! Let's hope these are offered separately. Maybe down the road they could offer up a terrain pack containing a mix of building(s), tank traps and crates. I believe combining would reduce it to one SKU to make it easier on store owners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jow 128
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Looks like a great expansion. They are coming out with a ton of stuff this quarter and its always nice to have things to ask for at Christmas

I wonder what kind of advantage being on a higher floor will confer? Reduce the enemy armor rating by 1? Extra dice? Reroll misses? Hit on blanks? I can't wait to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jow128 wrote:
Looks like a great expansion. They are coming out with a ton of stuff this quarter and its always nice to have things to ask for at Christmas

I wonder what kind of advantage being on a higher floor will confer? Reduce the enemy armor rating by 1? Extra dice? Reroll misses? Hit on blanks? I can't wait to find out.

I hope it wouldn't mean hitting on blanks, just because I want my sniper to have good reason to be up in a building. :-)

I wonder if they'll be able to see over terrain that typically blocks all LOS. They should use a "shadow" effect similar to Conflict of Heroes, where objects that would normally block LOS (like vehicles only block LOS for squares directly behind and adjacent to them, but further squares are visible.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the buildings affect both damage and LOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Indygamer wrote:
Icey101 wrote:

Absolutely! Let's hope these are offered separately. Maybe down the road they could offer up a terrain pack containing a mix of building(s), tank traps and crates. I believe combining would reduce it to one SKU to make it easier on store owners.

Don't tell me you need even MORE tanks traps and crates? I've got more than i could ever need... they pack them with everything they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
deedob wrote:
Indygamer wrote:
Icey101 wrote:

Don't tell me you need even MORE tanks traps and crates? I've got more than i could ever need... they pack them with everything they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
Indygamer wrote:
Icey101 wrote:

Maybe it is the AT-43 player in me coming out. I have tons of crates and walls from all of their sets. I can see using these DT buildings/crates/tank traps in various terrain projects for the Dust Warfare rules though. The more the merrier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.