Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reason I'm suggesting this is to see if it has serious flaws (I'm expecting people to point them out for me). My only issue with the game is that it takes a little too long. The main reason why it takes a little too long is because when you get your turn, a lot has changed and people may have bought your dice so you need to reevaluate everything.

But if you are allowed to protect one die you can at least plan around that possibly saving a bit of time. After dice are rolled, each player takes one of their dice and "protects" it (move it away from the others). No one can touch that die. Everything else is the same.

I haven't tried it yet, but if you can point out a serious problem with this I may not bother with it. But I'd sure like to find a way to speed it up a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
EmperorJacob wrote:
The only reason I'm suggesting this is to see if it has serious flaws (I'm expecting people to point them out for me). My only issue with the game is that it takes a little too long. The main reason why it takes a little too long is because when you get your turn, a lot has changed and people may have bought your dice so you need to reevaluate everything.

You don't need to reevaluate everything. At the most, the player before you in turn order may have taken the color dice you were banking on.

But this is why I don't bank on anything, I develop a descending order of priorities.

If my #1 priority was just taken, I go with my #2 priority. I can easily adjust my move while the player before me is taking his.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your own die are lousy, your next few moves would be buying other people's die or dices, so if everyone else could protect one dice, that would reward the individuals who rolled their dice well and remove the element of strategy or balance.

Furthermore, the dice I protect could end up being one that is useless or less beneficial to me but useful or more beneficial to other people so I deny them by protecting dice while I use my other dice or buy other dice to use. So that would be another way to abuse or unbalance things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your thoughts. Prioritizing is important, but there are a lot of possibilities on your turn. I would have thought protecting a die means you have to use it at some point in your turn.

I'm not convinced otherwise so I guess I'll have to try it out and see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
EmperorJacob wrote:
Thanks for your thoughts. Prioritizing is important, but there are a lot of possibilities on your turn. I would have thought protecting a die means you have to use it at some point in your turn.

I'm not convinced otherwise so I guess I'll have to try it out and see what happens.

"Protecting a die" isn't going to solve your analysis problem. Your protected die is most likely going to be reserved for the last action you take, since you can do that at your leisure, so you will still have to adjust your decision-making in response to your opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.