Subject: Which game is this??! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Johns
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I have a question about an old 1980's board game I played as a kid and for the life of me and I cannot find any info on it or remember exactly what its called, but I remember how the game was played...

The game had a plastic playfield (similar to Hungry Hippo's) and used gyroscope spinners. The idea was to launch your spinner into the playfield along with the other players spinners and they would collide and the last one spinning one. The quirk about the game was that (and this is from memory of when I was 5 years old) there was a straw or tube you were supposed to blow through to make the top spin. The harder you kept blowing in the straw the faster the top would spin until you released it. I could have sworn it was called something like "Knock Your Top Off", or something along those lines.

Does anyone have any idea what this game was actually called or if it really exists? Maybe this is some distorted memory from childhood but I remember playing it so clearly, even getting dizzy blowing so hard into the straw to get the top going fast.

Please let me know if you have any idea what game this was. Thanks!

-Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battling Tops

There are several other games of this nature, with different titles. This was the first that came to mind.

EDIT: Sorry. Missed the thing about the blowing part. modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.