Subject: Do Villan Adventuring Wounds Hit Bodyguards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In co-op mode, when a villan is adventuring and rolls a 1 resulting in a wound, is it applied directly to the villan, or to a bodyguard first (like it does during a fight with a villan + bodyguard(s))?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rodger
Scotland
Inverness
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit I've always assumed they go onto the henchmen first...in a "You go first..." kind of way but I do't remember anything specifically calling it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how i was playing it last night, fit into the theme of the hired henchman. But In the fight rules it dictates that hits go against the henchmen first, then against the villans defense, then against the villan. Where as adventuring damage doesn't mention the henchman, but does state specifically that it ignores defense, so my thought was that it might also bypassed the henchman and was applied directly to the villan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does it say henchmen before defence? Under the Nazi Villains heading:
Quote:
When the Villain takes damage, the first Wounds they take will always be assigned to the Henchmen Bodyguards first

The term "Wound" usually means a hit that gets past the defence, so I've been counting that first and assigning remaining hits first to the bodyguards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. Will continue on playing it that way.

Edit: but don't forget, Adventuring roll damage bypasses defence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As quoted from the rules, bodyguards take wounds before the Villain. So yes, when adventuring causes wounds the bodyguards take the first 2 wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.