Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The easiest 2 player variant (and the one I tend to use) is to give each playet 2 colors instead of 1. You'll find the game lasts long enough and keeps things interesting. It's simple, but it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play so that each player controls one colour, but you remove two tiles each turn rather than one. The game is quite quick, but you get all of the interesting stuff on the board and it can get frantic at times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InyokaMadoda wrote:
We play so that each player controls one colour, but you remove two tiles each turn rather than one. The game is quite quick, but you get all of the interesting stuff on the board and it can get frantic at times!

we play 2 tiles up to the mountains, which kinda balances the real sudden ending, but still keeps more of the 4 player tension in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
KingCroc wrote:
The easiest 2 player variant (and the one I tend to use) is to give each playet 2 colors instead of 1. You'll find the game lasts long enough and keeps things interesting. It's simple, but it works.
If playing with only one color at a time matters to you, the 5-6 Player Expansion gives you the option of doing that by mixing all of the wooden and plastic tokens of the same color together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingCroc wrote:

This is the official Stronghold Games 2-player variant, playing with 2 colors each. In this way, you are almomst sure not to get all of the pieces off, and to have a good cutthroat experience... just like Survive should be...

I believe this is listed in the current FAQ...

Thanks,
Stephen Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.