BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Hi I`m beginner of board gamer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miki Chan
United States
California
flag msg tools
I bought bonanzha last week.And played them with some friends.We played till 5 in the morning and every one seemed to enjoying it. Are there any good party or strategy board games we can play for four players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Catan. Perfect for a beginner like you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Dixit is a good party game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seccond Dixit
and further sugget For Sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Wernig
Austria
Villach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Sale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miki Chan
United States
California
flag msg tools
Oh Ive played once like when I was young. I remember the game was kind of loose and boring. But yet i should try it again since I might errorplayed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miki Chan
United States
California
flag msg tools
Oh I remember playing dixit. I didnt quiet like it. The taste of game didnt adapt me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miki Chan
United States
California
flag msg tools
I will probably go research more bout it. Is for sale strategy game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Samort7 wrote:

Avoid Settlers like the plague.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric chang
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good party-like game with a bit of strategy is BANG! The Bullet!. It is a card game like Bonanzha; so it won't be too unfamiliar and it is fairly cheap. Plays okay with 4. But more ppl the better (until you get to 8. lol)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that Citadels is the best party game, but I also love The Great Dalmuti!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
Samort7 wrote:

Avoid Settlers like the plague.

Yep - Settlers; just say no
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miki Chan
United States
California
flag msg tools
Of I actually ordered that game but that seems like expansion cause I ordered bang 4th edition one lo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miki Chan
United States
California
flag msg tools
is it that bad? lmaa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miki Chan
United States
California
flag msg tools
is citadels adaptable for four players?im looking for sort of party games but also has some bit of strategy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
in4kee wrote:
is citadels adaptable for four players?im looking for sort of party games but also has some bit of strategy

Citadels is a great game, and works with a large number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Bexkens
msg tools
The great Dalmuti, Second that. Dominion perhaps? Also you can try a lot of games on Brettspielwelt.de.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
May I recommend you have a look at the Ticket to Ride series?

Decent entry level strategy games. And they are colorful and pretty which always helps with drawing in new people laugh

Once you are ready for a bit more complexity, perhaps Stone Age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First to address the dispute about Settlers: If you're new to boardgaming give it a try. It's not *the* ultimate game ever but it is a simple, enjoyable classic. Merely for the fact of how many games are compared to it you should have played it at least a few times.

People have very different tastes when it comes to boardgaming. Some folks favor the social or creative aspects found in games like "Tabu". Others like nothing better than a quick 10-hour round of their favorite wargame obsessing about strategy and pushing units around historically accurate maps. Some love high luck factors, others hate it. Some need the potential for screwage, others avoid it like the plague. And there's every shade and combination in between. Experiment and find your own taste.

Now for some good low to medium weight games:
Catan, El Grande, Carcassonne, Ubongo, Dominion, Forbidden Island (Alternatively: Pandemic), You're Bluffing!

Try to find a place where you can try out games. Some local game shops offer this option, or would at least be a good place to build some contacts. Also there might be places near you that allow you to rent/loan games like a library.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Settlers for the first time this week. It was the magnificent 3D edition so the game looked gorgeous. It was 4 player and I won as one of 2 newcomers to the game so clearly there's a strong luck element! Nice game - whether it's for you, only you can decide - it is a classic design and probably a very good game to introduce those new to gaming.

A couple of easy to learn recommendations from me Hoity Toity (a sort of Rock Paper Scissors on Steroids kind of game) and Liar's Dice, a noisy fun game of bluff and counter-bluff. Best thing you can do is read the reviews on the Geek of the recommendations and decide for yourself if these sound like your kind of game.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Kempeth wrote:
First to address the dispute about Settlers: If you're new to boardgaming give it a try. It's not *the* ultimate game ever but it is a simple, enjoyable classic. Merely for the fact of how many games are compared to it you should have played it at least a few times.

By all means give settlers a try. But there are many far, far, better games as 'gateways'. Settlers has far too many issues. So do not start with it - it is far more likely to generate negative reactions than better gateway games such as the Ticket to ride series. Note that I am not saying that settlers is a bad game (though it has gone down like a brick budgie in our group, and I am certainly not a fan of it), but I am saying that there are many much better games as gateways for new games players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
gert74 wrote:
May I recommend you have a look at the Ticket to Ride series?

Decent entry level strategy games. And they are colorful and pretty which always helps with drawing in new people laugh

Once you are ready for a bit more complexity, perhaps Stone Age.

I agree and highly recommend Ticket to Ride. After that, there are numerous games for the next step. 7 Wonders is a sure bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fee
United States
Corning
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No fair! They're using brains against us! We removed our brains to make room for guns and explosives!
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Catan (My group still loves this game. As with any suggestion, personal tastes will vary.)

+1 to Forbidden Island Great intro to cooperative games

Survive: Escape from Atlantis! Fun board game with a lot of Take That gameplay.

RoboRally

Small World (another game that has very polarized opinions)

Probably the best thing, if you can, is to find a game club or store that has open gaming and try out a few games. As you have seen with the Settlers comments, some games fit really well for some players and horribly for others. If you don't have the opportunity, then take a look at the suggestions and read some reviews.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Perez
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one has said Cash N' Guns. This is one of my light party games that always has a great time whenever it hits the table. We always end up playing it like 2 or 3 times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
alxamp21 wrote:
No one has said Cash N' Guns. This is one of my light party games that always has a great time whenever it hits the table. We always end up playing it like 2 or 3 times.

Just what I came here to say! Ca$h 'n Gun$ is a great party game - just complex enough to make for engaging game play and easy to rope people into play. Because who doesn't want to hold foam orange hand guns and point them at people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.