United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We've just finished Ascending Empires, and now to some lighter fare. He breaks out his own game - Killer bunnies.
Note the huge stack of cards, and the various expansion stuff off to the right.

He manages to draw like 40 Dolla in the first hand - keeps on drawing it, and drawing some more.

Soon he's got a card to be able to play 2 sets of run cards, has 4 carrots. I still don't have a bunny.

Soon my luck changes, I get some bunnies, kill his. Soon I have 5 bunnies of various kinds down, and am playing 2 cards per turn. He has no bunnies.

He gets a bunny soon, but I make him feed it large amounts of food and water. I've got loads of saved special cards from my stint in the beginning with nothing to do.

His bunny dies, I use a "choose 2 carrot cards" (we are playing with about half the number of carrots included with all the expansions) and end the game, taking all his carrots. Ah, victory is sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rose
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely love this game. To many people think that this game somehow isn't fun because of the whole luck of who win's at the end. Maybe more people should play more cutthroat like you did winning by having every single carrot.

I know it's harder to do that then it looks but it's all part of the strategy of what makes this game so much fun. Also aren't games more about having fun and not necessarily winning everytime?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we had a riot. The smaller stack of carrots helped, so we weren't playing for hours. It's fun just to read the cards, kill bunnies, try to find combos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheila Kuchta
United States
Lincoln
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a good laugh! This is the way I like to play it. It's usually with the grandkids! Cut the number of carrots in half and the winner is the one who has the most carrots and bunnies alive when the carrots run out. Sometimes the kids want to have a hidden carrot to reveal at the end, that one has a bonus of 2 points. This is the game where they've all learned the GREAT gaming rules: 1.There's no whining in gaming! and 2.Have a whole lot of fun! They all remind each other when some are falling apart or getting mad. So now most games are played with more zeal and less tears. Makes me want a quick game of Killer Bunnies. Thanks for the review!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.