Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dunno if this came up before, but I didn't find it...
Anyhow, I managed to get Grimbeorn on my side, and then was engaged by the trolls.
Grimbeorn doesn't exasust when defending against trolls... Cool, but does this mean that he can defend twice against 2 different trolls?

Unless I am missing something, I don't see why not.

Thanx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also see nothing preventing him from defending against two (or even more Trolls, provided you heal him up in between some of the attacks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, he can defend against two trolls -and then attack even. That's one of the main uses of him, I think (though we have rarely ever managed to have him as an ally).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rike wrote:
Sure, he can defend against two trolls -and then attack even. That's one of the main uses of him, I think (though we have rarely ever managed to have him as an ally).

Our only play so far of Carrock (yes, way behind on my LotR plays), Gloin was sitting pretty on about 7 unused resources when Grimbeorn popped up. He hadn't gotten the Song of Wisdom on him yet and most of the cards in hand were Lore (in a Lore/Leadership deck), so they were just wasting away. So thanks to the one location that allows spending any resources as Leadership resource, we paid Grimmy off in a single turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Fed
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just reread the rules on defending and don't see anything preventing Grimbeorn from defending multiple times. The attacks are resolved one at a time and it specifies after each attack is resolved the defending character is no longer considered a defender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.