BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Deadliest Warrior - Vampires vs. Zombies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/09/14/deadliest-warrior-...

One of my favorite shows outdid themselves last night....There was an episode of Deadliest Warrior, which examined who would win in a fight between zombies and vampires. (This show also did Mafia against IRA, Green Beret agenst Spechtna (sp?),etc.

Anyway, this got me to thinking...who would win?

Zombies do have the numbers, and in theory could bring a Vampire down by simply eating him. And I content that no vampire can regenerate from within a Zombies stomach. But the question is...is one vampire strong enough to defend itself against 1000 zombies???? Can a vampire survive zombie bites? Would a vampire regenerate after losing a chunk of flesh to a zombie?

On the other hand, if a zombie was bitten by a vampire would it crave blood? Would it gain vampiric abilities such as shape shifting? I would say no as it is simply a walking corpse. The only way I can see a vampire killing a zombie would be taking out its brain. Therefore I give the victory to the zombies!

What do you guys think? An army of zombies vs. a vampire clan? That is the question that needs answering today.

p.s. Do not ask this question at your office or you will get puzzled looks from co-workers.surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meh. You can quote me on that.
United States
Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

'nuff said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ever see that episode of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon where there is this village of vampires that are keeping all the werewolves hostage, but then the Ghostbusters let out the werewolves? The they fight and everytime a vampire bit a werewolf it transformed into a vampire and vice versa. So they eternally fought switching back and forth.

To answer your question, I could see a vampire clan taking out an army of zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb

Russell, I bow down to your wisdom.

/bow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
they should have made it vamp/wolf to draw the twilight crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadliest Warrior the funniest thing on TV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stew
United Kingdom
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got asked this in a pub once by a strange couple, it was an awesome pub.

My response was "Dur zombies, vampires arent real."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that's a tough one. Let's see--

If V = large body of widely varying depiction of what a vampire can do, all completely fabricated,

And Z = large body of widely varying depiction of what a zombie can do, all completely made up,

Is Z>V or is V>Z?

Hmm...

I think my answer is:

Z<>V with a standard deviation of slivy toves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the episode. And it was amusing. But I do agree with Russel that it has jumped the shark.

Their conclusion was wrong.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

They acknowledge that Vampires can get infected by Zombies. So even though the Vampires "win," the last Vampire will be infected. I didn't see any sparkly fighting action in a Hazmat suit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never heard of the show but applying standard mythos its vampires and its not close. Speed, strength, therianthropy... As a dragons and wizards guy I hate the vampire intrusion into fantasy but they do dominate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.