Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Everything went Jefferson's way. He started off with 6 prestige points, quickly finished the Virginia Dynasty track, drew two Wilkinson conspiracy cards and arrested four conspirators without even causing a riot. Although Burr and Wilkinson advanced to New Orleans in a hurry, Wilkinson was forced back and never returned. Burr's expedition never accumulated enough support to be a real threat, and didn't advance to the second row until very late. Meanwhile, evidence mounted against him and all but two of his trial defense cards were just reshuffled back into the deck (paid for with Jefferson's plentiful prestige). The Burr card only appeared once, and with only two Conspiracy cards left in the deck, daughter Theodosia was finally drawn. Burr was quickly arrested and tried for plotting to invade Mexico, easily convicted and sentenced to life in prison. Decisive victory!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheesh! That was an atypical outcome! Did you make sure that you were paying attention to the "re-draw" cards? Because if you draw one of those, it truncates your turn and forces you to draw again. (Alan came up with that idea, and I love it.) I find that makes the game a bit tighter. Bob Leonhard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Yeah, I did the re-draws correctly. Second play resulted in an even more decisive victory -- death for treason! 42 points. I suspect it may be too easy to gain PPs, then reshuffle all the Trial Defense cards and Plan Progress cards back into the deck. For my third play, I'll adopt this rule: no reshuffles of Plan Progress cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...something doesn't seem right. Never had a series of easy wins in playtest. This is either an anomaly, or maybe some rule isn't being played right. Please keep me posted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Turns out I was doing a couple of things wrong. It's harder now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
What rules were you getting wrong? I only ask because I'm intrested in getting the game and after reading the rules wanted to see if I understood the basic concepts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.