Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I read through the rules last night, and came away with only a few minor questions:

Regarding multiple combat, when it refers to a casualty, I'm assuming that means one of the characters being killed, and not stunned or wounded. Right?

And, if the result is a wound or stun, do all of the (multiple) defenders suffer the same result? I'm assuming yes on this one, as it wouldn't make sense to attack multiple characters if you couldn't affect all of them (with the exception of killing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daleks stole my lunch box
France
Morbihan
flag msg tools
designer
Press 'X' to feel emotions.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnglePark wrote:
I read through the rules last night, and came away with only a few minor questions:

Regarding multiple combat, when it refers to a casualty, I'm assuming that means one of the characters being killed, and not stunned or wounded. Right?

And, if the result is a wound or stun, do all of the (multiple) defenders suffer the same result? I'm assuming yes on this one, as it wouldn't make sense to attack multiple characters if you couldn't affect all of them (with the exception of killing).

According to the French rulebook, in case of several characters attacking or attacked, only one is affected by a "Stun" or "Wound" result (and its player chooses which one). Only retreat results are applied to all the characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cafeine wrote:
According to the French rulebook, in case of several characters attacking or attacked, only one is affected by a "Stun" or "Wound" result (and its player chooses which one). Only retreat results are applied to all the characters.

Thanks for the quick reply!

In that case, I don't see any reason to ever attack multiple characters with a single attacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daleks stole my lunch box
France
Morbihan
flag msg tools
designer
Press 'X' to feel emotions.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnglePark wrote:
cafeine wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply!

In that case, I don't see any reason to ever attack multiple characters with a single attacker.

I don't remember doing this much, but it has its uses, especially in later games, with the introduction of the infiltration rule (in a nutshell, whenever you enter an enemy character's adjacent hex, either in your normal movement phase or because of a "retreat" combat result, roll on the infiltration table, which can result in the moving character being wounded or killed). I think the infiltration rule was added in Croisades/Outremer. Even without it, a character that can't retreat is wounded (as explained on the CRT).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.