Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played the last scenario of the original and am in the middle of the Hunt for Gollum. Both of these have a type of objective card in the middle that is guarded by encounters.

Do those guarding encounters contribute their threat to the staging area for calculating success in questing? Or are they separate?

In Escape from Dol Goldur, it would be very punitive if they contributed their threat, but we weren't sure. Anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind. Looks like it's under the guarded keyword that they DO contribute threat for questing purposes. Geez that's rough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you're doing this correctly. Dol Guldur is pretty rough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figo 3434
msg tools
About the keyword "guarded", the inofficial FAQ says: "Enemies and Locations remain attached until defeated (killed or visited and completed) and still contribute their Threat."

I'm not sure if I understand the last part right. I guess it doesn't mean that if you engage a guardian, he still contributes his threat in the questing phase until being killed?
I guess it must say "...and still contribute their threat if attached to a guarded object in the staging area".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right - basically, treat them as a normal enemy or location or whatever - if you engage them, the objective comes with, but they don't count their threat any more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.