BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Forgotten Game: Monopoly Clone, in Space? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corfe 83
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Anyone have an idea what game this was? I truly don't remember the name. I'm a bit short on details for this one, but I'm hoping someone has an idea :-)

I played a game as a kid (late 80's or early 90's, though the game could have been old when I played it) that was a little bit like Monopoly with a space theme. You bought planets or somesuch, and I think you were able to charge people money for landing on them.

I remember the board wasn't a big circle like in monopoly, it was a series of circles - and when moving you would sometimes continue around the same circle of planets, or other times follow a little path onward to the next circle of planets. I believe all the little circles were in a big loop of some sort.

Any ideas on this one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Billington
United States
Tyler
Texas
flag msg tools
Three little bears. One with a light. One with a stick. One with a rope. A spooky old tree. Do they dare go into that spooky old tree? Yes. They dare.
badge
Hooty Hoo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Solarquest maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb

Edit: Yeah I bet it is solarquest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hackman
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solarquest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Definitely Solarquest. Or Spaceopoly which is a revised and simplified edition of Solarquest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corfe 83
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Ha, that's it! Right on the money, thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.