Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Simulator rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeroen Aga
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG! This is the coolest Dominion tool ever! What? You haven't tried it yet? Shame on you! SHAME! But maybe it's not too late for you yet.

Quick, click here!!!

And if you're completely confused, don't worry, just click here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Bingham
Germany
Herford
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uncool in my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The documentation alone would cause my project manager to weep with joy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
See, that's the kind of thing that would suck the fun out of a game for me. YMMV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The documentation's example really bugs me because it acts like it's some sort of amazing revelation. Of course Laboratory is going to lose to Big Money + 1 Envoy or Big Money + 1 Smithy or anything like that when the Laboratories aren't given anything to combo with. One of the nice things about Laboratory is that it allows setting up combos more easily due to the larger hand size; in a deck of mostly Treasure, that effect is lost, and the +1 Action is far less important. To take a more extreme example, I could run a Big Money + King's Court deck in which I buy only Treasures and King's Courts, and I could use that to "prove" that a humble Woodcutter could defeat the powerful King's Court, but that would be rather silly because it misses the point of King's Court.

Anyhow, it's nice to be able to test out what the best +1 for Big Money +1 is, but usually a more nuanced strategy will be optimal anyhow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Aga
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The purpose of the simulator is not to "solve" the game which would indeed suck the fun out of it (and is impossible anyway due to the countless possible interactions). It's just a great tool to get a deeper understanding of the game without having to play 1000 games. An example: most people will not have a very high opinion of Masquerade because it's a very slow trasher, only draws you 2 cards and it's a terminal action, but when you simulate it, it beats almost every non-attacking card making it one of the strongest $3 cards you can buy which I'm sure few players will realize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.