Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Wagle
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing this for the 1st time with a friend. The game has excellent depth. We're in year 3 and its definitely up in the air. I think the game is balanced by our equally stupid gaffes and card mis-plays.

I wanted to validate a couple things with the community here and make sure we were playing correctly:

1- If a leader is activated once in a turn, but his attached units do not attack or besiege (his units move or build only) can he then be activated again that turn (using another card)? What if he captures a stockade or fort? Can he activate again that turn?

2- If a leader and his attached units has the movement points to move through a series of undefended enemy stockades, can he capture all of them during his movement (move into 3 consecutive locations with undefended stockadeswith 3 movement points, flipping them all) or must he end his movement on a stockade in order to capture it?

I will watch for your responses. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb

5.31 - leaders and units can be activated once per action phase.

Each card play is an action phase, so units can move more than once per turn. You can activate the same unit with each card play.

6.51 - Units must stop moving when entering space occupied by enemy units. Enemy units included fortifications. [see exception under infiltration]

So you can only capture one enemy stockade per activation.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wagle
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does help tremendously thank you. So a given "stack" can attack and move and build several times if they spend the points? Just making sure I understand. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy C
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Robert L Howard (Medal of Honor recipient)
mbmbmbmbmb

Attacking is moving into an enemy space.

A stack can move once per card play, but it will use up the entire card.

You can move the same stack again on your next card play.

Of course the enemy get a card play in between.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex H.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
welcome your reptilian overlords!
mbmbmbmbmb
jwagle wrote:
It does help tremendously thank you. So a given "stack" can attack and move and build several times if they spend the points? Just making sure I understand. Thank you.

Example:

French card 1 (3ops): activate Montcalm and move him 3 spaces.
Brit card 1: x

French card 2: some event
Brit card 2: x

French card 3 (2 ops) activate Montcalm and move him one space taking over an undefended stockade
Brit card 3: x

French card 4 (1 op): activate Montcalm, move him 2 spaces and then into a neighboring space attacking Johnson who is currently located in this space

and so on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a different question. Suppose I play a 3 op and activate a leader and his force. Do I *also* get to activate two other single unit? Or four Indians, as two separate additional moves? The rules were very unclear to me on this point...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You only get to choose one of these options:

5.32 Each card can be used to activate:
• Individual Auxiliary units and/or leaders moving alone totaling
up to the card’s number value. Indian units each count as only
HALF a unit toward this total, OR
• One Drilled Troops unit, regardless of the card’s number value,
OR
• One force [5.3.4] under a leader with an Initiative rating equal
to or lower than the number value of the card.

So if you're already activating a force, you don't get to activate individual units as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.