Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am one of those people who uses abprices.com to buy pre-painted miniatures for the heroes and usually get the ones that are around $1-$3 a piece.

With the release of LoD I looked up prices for the named heroes and since they were rare or ultra-rare for the skirmish game they are really expensive.

Does anyone have a list of all the heroes in this box set (including the "bad guy" NPCs/heroes) and any models that would be a good replacement? Like for Drizzt, you know of something like "Male Drow Archer" or whatever.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the following:

Cattie-brie - Autumn Wind Ranger (Demonweb)
Bruenor Battlehammer - Dwarf Warlord (Dungeon of Dread)
Regis - Lidda Adventurer (Giants of Legend)
Jaraxle Baenre - Defiant Rake (Dungeon of Dread) need to paint his head black and replace that crossbow with a hat
Artemis Entreri - Assassin (Night Below)

I'm lucky to have the rest.

For Drizzt, you might consider Human Marauder (Lords of Madness) but it would require modification of his facial color or you could just pretend that Drizzt is using his magical mask.

Wulfgar is a tough one to proxy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have the Drow Assassin so I think I might use that for Drizzt

I started to find proxies for Wulfgar but he is only $4 bucks so I will just get the actual thing lol.

http://abprices.com/D/1926/wulfgar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You actually get Wulfgar for 2.50$ from http://www.auggiesgamesonline.com/message.asp?msg=49 if you want. Athrogate is even cheaper.

I can suggest the following as alternatives:

Jarlaxle - Drow Rogue (Giants of Legend)
Drizzt - Drow Fighter (Giants of Legend)
Regis - Halfling Sneak (Underdark)
Yvonnel Baenre - Drow Spider Priestess (Desert of Desolation)

All these figures are around 2-4 $ each. If you want to go really cheap on Bruenor, go with the Guard of Mithral Hall mini. It looks out of proportion (way too large for a dwarf), though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Drow Fighter is what its at. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
I was lucky enough to pick up the scenario pack with the huge white dragon for about $15 on a clearance somewhere a while ago, and it had Drizzt, Wulfgar and Guenhyvar. Maybe you can find it cheap somewhere as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Online or at some retail store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wuyley wrote:
Online or at some retail store?

Just in case you're looking to buy it and expect Wulfgar, Drizzt and Guenhwyvar: My set(s) did not include the panther and officially only includes the gargantuan white dragon, Drizzt and Wulfgar (as well as some cards and a map).
So if you buy it, maybe invest the extra 2 bucks to get a painted Guen, too.
I guess some retailers might include the cat as bonus (happened to me when I purchased the Drizzt mini separately), so I guess Seamus, you must have been lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
You're probably right, I must have gotten Guen from busting a booster. Still, it was a much better way to get the Drizzt than to pay 30 bucks for the ultra-rare one from the early D&D minis sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.