Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does it mean when "Lord of the Rings: Friends & Foes" is ranked N/A with a geek rating of 7.056 and 2,042 voters while "Lord of the Rings Trilogy Edition" is 6.228 but has fewer voters - 1,582 - and is ranked 989? I would expect the first game would fall within the top 500 games because of its popularity and high geek rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
What does it mean when "Lord of the Rings: Friends & Foes" is ranked N/A

It is an expansion. Expansions don't get a ranking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that makes a lot of sense! Wish I was able to catch that in the FAQ. Many thanks! By the way, this website is awesome. It reminds me so much of IMDB (Internet Movie Database) which also ranks tens of thousands of movies by rabid fans. Someday, Tom Vasal, himself will reach the stature of Roger Ebert I'm sure! He sure looks like a younger version of him!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Lamont
Scotland
Dunblane
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
Now that makes a lot of sense! Wish I was able to catch that in the FAQ. Many thanks! By the way, this website is awesome. It reminds me so much of IMDB (Internet Movie Database) which also ranks tens of thousands of movies by rabid fans. Someday, Tom Vasal, himself will reach the stature of Roger Ebert I'm sure! He sure looks like a younger version of him!

I have no idea who Robert Ebert is. Now Tom...I know cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL. I meant to say Roger Ebert, the eponymous movie critic who won a Pulitzer Prize and once starred with Gene Siskel in the their well-rated "two thumbs up" movie reviews. Roger also wrote the screenplay for "Valley of the Dolls" at an age when he was easily mesmerized by the female anatomy. I wonder what Tom did in his mid-twenties before he entered the world of hard-core game reviews?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.